Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • vauxhall vectra c
  • firestarter
    Free Member

hairy my mates got a 306 estate bwith 180k still going strong and at least 60k of that was done on cooking oil lol

on the orig posting ive just got a 53 plate zafira 2.0dti with ffsh for 2800 some right bargains out there 😉

bruk

I have a 05 plate 1.9cdti, SRI estate through work. It is a car, nothing more. had it from about 15,000 and now done 87,000 miles.

It felt that literally everything started to loosen and rattle as it passed 60,000 miles and out of it’s warranty, alternator has gone twice, rear suspension creaks etc.

However it is comfy inside, cruises fine on motorway and is pretty big inside. Much prefered the Focus I had before and would defo prefer the Mondeo instead.

It just feels dead when you drive it, no real go (120ps version) and although it has the ‘sports’ suspension that just means it crashes more over bumps.

Seriuosly considering dropping the comapny car and diesel just to get away from the lump.

singlecrack
    Free Member

maybe not such a good buy then

so what should I get
    needs to be diesel
    estate
    low miles <65000k
    not french
    £4000-£4500

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

brak – I have to agree with you there.. I’ve gone from a 130ps Mondeo TDCI to a Vectra 120ps.

The drop of 10ps isn’t to much of a problem, it’s the complete lack of torque. Probably due to it being an 8v 1.9l compared to 1 16v 2l. The SRi’s suspension leaves a lot to be desired, the stereo is pi$$ poor compared to the mondeo one and the fuel consumption is worse.

Having said that, the space inside is miles more than in the mondeo. I’ll stick with it for another 2 years and then look at the insigna (don’t like the new mondeo) or perhaps a passat/skoda estate.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘vauxhall vectra c’ is closed to new replies.