Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Vasectomy!!!!
  • P-Jay
    Free Member

P-Jay

None of that story strikes you as being a bit odd?

The whole process was a bit odd.

It started when I had to get my wife to sign off on me having it, Twice! Once by my GP and again by the GP doing it! I know why they like to get partners to sign off on it (reversals are expensive and not always successful) but still…

But that’s exactly how it happened.

Cougar

I’ve never had it done, but I don’t expect it’d make a vas deferens to my life.

MoreCashThanDash

If you do a neat and thorough job of the shaving, the nurses will ask if you did it yourself – and invite their colleagues in to admire/laugh at you as well

matt_outandabout

I’ve been told to ejaculate at least 20 times in the next 12wks before returning a sample.

I bet that’s what you told your wife…

matt_outandabout

On mine they struggled for the second tube. The doctor threatened to send me home ‘half cock’. 😂😂😂

His face when I told him I didn’t want to face another day of indignity (it was a cold draft in that room, right?) and needles in my nads again, so he had better get a grip and slash that thing asap… 🙈🙈🙈

acsevens

Had mine done in November. Pretty straightforward, couple of moments of discomfort, day off work, and a couple of weeks off the bike.

Clinic was a fair drive away and as my wife was working the only person who could give me a lift was my mum. I’m 37. The small talk in the car back was probably the worst part of the whole thing.

RDL-82
    Free Member

Damn right I did!

Even says it on the sample pack literature 😬

dirksdiggler
    Free Member

Keyhole for me with vas fished out, stripped back, cauterised and sutured. Presumably/hopefully to retain the blood sperm barrier?
    Told no need to shave but I did drive there with a hot wheat bag in my lap on a cold day to keep the fruit low hanging and some semblance of self respect.
    Worst parts were the feeling of getting kicked in the nuts with the numbing to the vas..or the pulling of the vas… not sure which as I didn’t look, closed my eyes tried not to imagine the process, got very sweaty and light headed during the procedure and once finished doc said to give it a bit before trying to walk down the hall.
    Clearly I looked a bit unwell. .

Avoided any ‘relief’ for 7 days, hanky panky for 14.
    While googling how long to wait before checking on what the sperm free result was I ended up reading about dementia/vasectomy correlation studies from the 80/90s due to sperm antigens in the blood crossing the blood brain barrier once the ‘white picket fence’ defence is broken…really could’ve done without reading that…or read it before and I might have changed my mind.

On the bike again after a week.
    Haven’t been ‘counted yet’ but aside from the odd ache then no different.

Probably won’t do it again though 😉

scuttler

Don’t be a hero/tough guy and make your own recovery plans – do as you’re told ref cleanliness, sitting back for a couple of days, staying away from activity and you’ll be fine. The only people I know that suffered are the ones who thought they knew better.

Don’t expect to bin the contraception too soon – a bloke I know 😉 had to go back with a little sample pot three times. The fourth time would’ve required use of ‘the room’ for guaranteed freshness.

Poopscoop

Word of advice for when you take a sample in to make sure you are firing blanks…

Don’t have a bit of fun with your partner (or any body else’s) then realise you needed to drop the (well, another) sample in that afternoon and wouldn’t have much time to recharge the old fluids.

I handed in the most pitiful amount to a stunning female receptionist and I felt totally emasculated!

fossy

Don’t…..

Worse thing I ever did (no scalpel)

Local GP practice. Mrs thought it ‘felt’ like a back street abortion clinic (this is a local clinic in a posh area) – Thursday afternoons were a blokes getting zapped.

Didn’t go well – I felt the lot, the pain of the GP burning the VAS, even me saying ‘wait for the anaesthetic to take’. GP severed a blood vessel also on the left.

Loads of trouble after, ended up 12 months later having a left side epididymectomy as the GP made a mess – big op, left nut out of the sack, pipework cut off, nut stitched in. Caused even more issues riding the bike.

6 months later started feeling like crap, rides to and from work were hard work, after loads of ‘discussions’ with my GP, found my Testosterone was 5 n/mol, should be 20.

That was 7 years ago. I’m on daily testosterone gel, it’s OK, burns my skin, applied mornings, but back to low by late evening/morning (loads of blood tests).

A simple procedure went very wrong.

When I had my back broken by a car driver, my spinal surgeon (having seen my medical records) said you know surgery can go wrong – I can operate now, you can be walking tomorrow, or you might never walk… I stayed flat on my back with no surgery – best decision I made.

Up to you. There is not enough research into PVPS. Getting the snip was not good for ‘us’.

The meds are manageable now, but the pain in my nuts persists after 7 years. My ‘sex drive’ is crap’.

Do your research. 1 in 10 get long term pain – this is from my research and backed up by the NHS, but lots of ‘stuff’ has been ‘deleted’ in recent years. 1/3rd get problems.

Never again. I’ve got to take my ‘illegal’ drugs on ‘holiday’ tomorrow… lets see if it get’s through customs….

fossy

I was booked in to have my ‘nerves’ blasted to bits, but I happened to be in ‘hospital’ with a broken spine following geting spatted by a driver. I remember phoning the Urologist’s PA saying I won’t make it, as I was stuck in the Spinal Ward !

Guys, bear in mind it does go wrong very often… be aware, any surgery is not a simple decision. My brother is a surgeon. He has said avoid surgery unless it’s really necessary.

Rich_s

It’s been mentioned above a few times, but +1 on the “wear TWO pairs of tight fitting pants afterwards”. For as long as it takes.

If you want to know more about pre-op shrubbery pruning you could do far worse than click on my old thread…

https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/grooming-erm-down-below-as-preparation-for-the-snip-advice-wanted/

woodlikesbikes
    Free Member

My wife has been on about it for a few years as has next doors wife for her husband. “we could hold hands”.

I genuinely don’t think I could go through with it. I read up on while offshore. Apparently I went so white people thought I was seasick – they were genuinely worried at one point.
    I think I must have a physiological issue with the idea. Even reading this thread has made me feel queasy.

Having been married for 10 years now I also wonder what the point is!

taxi25
    Free Member

I’ve been told to ejaculate at least 20 times in the next 12wks before returning a sample.

I went home with some literature on how to produce as sample 🙄🙄.
    There was a suggestion your partner could join in the fun. Needles to say Mrs taxi wasn’t impressed 🙁

sheeps

7 years ago here… all fine. No shaving, little pain, back on the bike within 10 days (gently) and no more kids (which is sort of the point!)

sheeps

The whole 2 clear samples 1 month apart was more hassle, as they had to be delivered to the clinic 5 miles away within 20 minutes of production!

Apparently you could ‘produce’ on site, but that felt a little TOO weird, knocking one off with the nurses on their tea break next door!

justinbieber

Gonna add some weight to the it’s all good side of the argument. Drove myself to the doctors surgery on a Saturday morning, had it done no problems and drove home afterwards. Wife would have happily given me a lift, but it didn’t even cross my mind that it might have been a problem. Was up and about later that day, and riding my bike within the week. No subsequent pain or discomfort at all. 10/10, would do again 🙂

TheWrongTrousers

Expect to hear sizzling and smell burning flesh.

And then the smell of the next poor unfortunate as you leave the building after your tea and biccies

northernremedy

Thanks all for the advice, had it yesterday morning! As you all said, procedure ok if a little uncomfortable. Helped by the fact the doc was a keen cyclist So we chatted riding. Afterwards has been fine, but I’m very glad to be laid on the sofa.

Cheers! Least I’m not missing why nice weather!

grtdkad

Nice one Northern-R 👍🏻

Don’t borrow your wife’s dressing gown, because you’d only use one once – it won’t fit

😂😂😂

Sandwich

@fossy you should contact Mark and ask for your user name to be changed to Lucky. 🙂

Another with a no problems Vasectomy. I did get asked if I was sure after tube one was tied which made a nonsense of the ask the partner bit earlier. She was also offered the chance to watch!!

A couple of shift turns off (10 days total) as my then job involved lots of stairs.

grtdkad

I’m pretty sure I responded to one of these a while ago.

My experience was “odd”…

Standard routine surrounded by nurses and the doctor at the business end, with that deep discomfort of pulling and tugging at your pipes. Then all done or so I thought. The guy said “I’m just going to do that one again” which became much more uncomfortable. That side was swollen and sore for about a fortnight but the other one was fine as it happens.

Anyway I then went back to get changed, still with my boxers and dressing gown on, and two nurses came in, having apparently been told to double-check … so there we have it, me standing there kecks down by my knees holding my dressing gown open! 🍒
    I’m still perplexed was that a me-too moment or a genuine check?

fossy

Mine was particularly bad. I deffo can’t get anyone pregnant as lefty has no plumbing at all now.

epicyclo

Despite a bit of pressure from SWMBO I declined the opportunity.

Two extra children later…

My wife now reckons I made the right decision. 🙂

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Vasectomy!!!!’ is closed to new replies.