Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • varifocals? vari? focals?
  • konadad
    Free Member

yep deffo looks the way to go. spoke to a pal of mine today who i didnt know wears varifocals and says once you get used to them its ok.

I also have prism i.e. don’t have perfect stereo vision so can’t cope with the vari-focal contact lenses. I managed for a while having one distance lens and one reading lens. Your brain is quite clever and as long as you get the distance/dominant eye bit right, your brain merges the images so you don’t really notice (I did when I got tired or too drunk).

he also wears contacts and as above one lens reading and one lens distance. i tried contacts fo a while for football but didn’t get on with them

cheers guys, 45 this year so not dointg to bad then

giantalkali
    Free Member

Too much conflicting info on here to even begin to try to correct. Get along to your optician of choice and take their advice. Try to find a qualified Dispensing Optician, though not all stores employ them. Shop about if you feel that you’re being ripped off, but remember that these lenses are more expensive than you have purchased before. Whether you end up at Specsavers or a posh independent they all offer differing levels of lens quality, chose the best you can afford and treat them accordingly.

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘varifocals? vari? focals?’ is closed to new replies.