Viewing 23 posts - 121 through 143 (of 143 total)
  • Vaping in the workplace
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

And I’m far less likely to get cancer than I was 2 years ago, when I was doing in 20 Bensons a day. In theory anyway.

To summarise…. in the nicest possible way…. can you please stop bleating FFS?!!
    Does Princess need her cigarette? Did you snap a crayon today?

nealglover
    Free Member

I think it would be reasonable to assume that if inhaling from e cigs directly carries 5% of the risk of smoking then passive inhalation risks would be of a similar %

So. you can’t find any reasearch that backs up what you claimed about passive exposure then ?
    That’s it should be presumed to be dangerous. No.

(I am ignoring your frankly weak claim that you didn’t know we were talking about passive exposure, because I’ve read back through the thread, and I’ve mention passive in just about every post)

stevextc
    Free Member

I think it would be reasonable to assume that if inhaling from e cigs directly carries 5% of the risk of smoking then passive inhalation risks would be of a similar % of the passive risks of smoking which would be fairly negligible but not zero.

No it’s not a similar percentage…
    There is no zero risk… you presently have a non zero risk of being hit by a plane falling out of the sky… or being squirted by DOT fluid if someone riding next to you bursts a hose (and DOT fluid is a lot worse for you than the amount of nicotine in passive vapour)

Any vapour inhaled has no detectable nicotine output in passive people in the same room … studies have tried but whatever isn’t is lost in background noise. The most serious study detected aluminium oxides it turns out from deodorant used BEFORE the test …

slowoldman

Well the perceived dangers may well be vanishingly small, which is great for smokers switching to vaping, but, they still stink, which isn’t very good for the rest of us.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Who cares about the science papers is/isn’t bad for you etc. Being addicted to a Dr Who sonic screwdriver and puffing out clouds of cherry vapour isn’t cool and just shouts ‘hey look at me I’m an addict but in a really obnoxiously obvious way and I just don’t care’. Can’t these bedwetters get their addict fix in the spaces set aside for fag smokers?
    If I ran a communal workspace with a Personal Electronic Nicotine Inhalation System sucker I wouldn’t let them blow their shite at work.

stevextc
    Free Member

Well the perceived dangers may well be vanishingly small, which is great for smokers switching to vaping, but, they still stink, which isn’t very good for the rest of us.

There are lots of benefits for non-smokers….
    but to take the point of smell ..I honestly believe this is actually motivated by expectation. You can’t smell the nicotine only the “flavouring” but if you were in a completely different context…. and ignore the fact its a e-cig (it could be a blueberry or forest pine air freshener) then most people would probably vary between neutral and actually pleasant… and way more people than might say Channel #5 is “pleasant or neutral” …

Secondly it doesn’t linger … so it doesn’t make clothes smell etc.

stevextc
    Free Member

Being addicted to a Dr Who sonic screwdriver and puffing out clouds of cherry vapour isn’t cool and just shouts ‘hey look at me I’m an addict but in a really obnoxiously obvious way and I just don’t care’. Can’t these bedwetters get their addict fix in the spaces set aside for fag smokers?

Nooone I know (and I’d say the majority) thinks it’s cool, just better than being addicted to something that definitely does do damage.

Equally most of them don’t actually want to be in the spaces set aside for smoking… that’s the addiction they are trying to actually break…

binners

What stevextc said.

People like you kick off about people smoking, then when said people ween themselves off the fags, which is bloody difficult, with something that is generally (as far as we know) harmless, you get your petticoats all aquiver about that too.

When what you really mean by your angry, incoherent rant is simply: “ban everything I don’t like!”

MrSmith
    Free Member

When what you really mean by your angry, incoherent rant is simply: “ban everything I don’t like!”

It wasn’t a heartfelt angry rant (My workplace has my rules so vaping/vapers are not an issue) couldn’t give a toss about banning the fruity whizzy cloud pipes. Just don’t do it near me. (I feel the same about any other intrusive activity like eating stinky greasy chicken wings on public transport, loud music playing on phones or not understanding how the shower/deodorant works)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Being addicted to a Dr Who sonic screwdriver and puffing out clouds of cherry vapour isn’t cool and just shouts ‘hey look at me I’m an addict but in a really obnoxiously obvious way and I just don’t care’.

😆

And you’re calling people that use e-cigs bedwetters? When you take your nappy off, you might want to hoover all that sand out of your fanny too.

😆

binners

By the sounds of it, given your likely blood pressure, I doubt you’ll have to worry about any of it for too much longer.

You should chill out a bit…

stevextc
    Free Member

What stevextc said.

People like you kick off about people smoking, then when said people ween themselves off the fags, which is bloody difficult, with something that is generally (as far as we know) harmless, you get your petticoats all aquiver about that too.

The thing is it is more than socially acceptable to have a go at smokers…or people trying to quit…

however complaining for the sake of it makes me feel it’s like an electric car owner complaining about petrol/diesel fumes until people start cycling to work and then complaining that the roads are full of damned cyclists and people ware turning up to work sweaty and why should they put in a shower ..

nealglover
    Free Member

Who cares about the science papers is/isn’t bad for you etc. …. [blah blah]

The Grown Ups do.

Shush now.

MrSmith
    Free Member

So much angst. Best nip out and up your dose.
    ..ahhnd breeeath… 🙄

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think Mr. Personal (Safe) Space might have missed a few grains of sand. 😆

What’s up? Did you smell someone’s sandwich?

nealglover
    Free Member

Hehe. The Charlie Brooker wannabe with his “hilarious” ranty rants accusing people of being angsty.

Just after moaning about the “stink” of blueberries or whatever, then accusing ecig users of being “bed wetters”

Priceless. 😆

MrSmith
    Free Member

Oh no! the big hitters are circling 😯

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Aw, sweets. Are you feeling vulnerable? Can I smell wee again?

Jeez, you should have warned that you couldn’t take a bit of what you love handing out here.

MrSmith
    Free Member

??? What do you mean “take” it’s a couple of middle aged paperclip salesmen getting eggy over vaping.
    Oh look I have shat my pants 😥

juanghia
    Free Member

Can’t these bedwetters get their addict fix in the spaces set aside for fag smokers?

Nah, because the cool kids won’t let them play.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh look I have shat my pants

That’s a bit too much information. You bedwetters – always oversharing. I think maybe you need to retreat into your safe space for now.

binners

Awwwwwwww bless….. have the big boys given you a wedgie and nicked your dinner money again to buy 20 B&H some watermelon and mango flavour e-liquid?

nealglover
    Free Member

it’s a couple of middle aged paperclip salesmen

My shoes aren’t comfy enough to sell paperclips for a living.

Viewing 23 posts - 121 through 143 (of 143 total)

The topic ‘Vaping in the workplace’ is closed to new replies.