Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Vans in European campsites?
  • paul4stones

Planning a trip to Europe (Belgium, Germany, Austria, Croatia) in the summer and debating whether to take a car with bikes strapped to it or take the van. Van will be more comfortable and easier to carry stuff but will it be acceptable at European campsites? I know there are some places in this country where people can be a bit snooty about them? It’s just a lwb Trafic with windows in the back. White of course.

Thanks.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

In france I’ve just driven in and parked up generally much more accepting than UK

nickjb
    Free Member

Way more accepting than the UK. No idea why campsites here are so snooty. Definitely take the van. Plenty of options for unofficial camping too

andrewh
    Free Member

Unofficial camping has been fine in mine, France, Italy, and Germany. Also a white Transit but not obviously a camper, one side window, awning and curtains in the rear windows but from front and driver’s side it’s a scruffy builder’s van.

paul4stones

Sounds good thanks.

The van needed a new clutch and gearbox on last year’s trip to Ireland so hoping to get some use out of them….It was fixed by a Polish chap so hopefully there’ll be a few of them around if we need them.

ceept

I recon you’ll be fine. Be away you’ll probably be paying commercial vehicle tolls on the French motorways though.

ElShalimo

I’ve probably seen as many UK  stealth vans as campervan and motorhomes when on European sites.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Vans in European campsites?’ is closed to new replies.