Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • van/car insurance
  • rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Looking likely that i will inherit my dads van (vw transporter) after he died at the weekend.
    Does anyone know if any insurance companies will add this vehicle to my existing car deal (mine won’t).

If not, presumably i will have to take out a new policy and start with no no claims. Currently have full no claims and 38 yrs old, and will only use it as run around and bike transportation.

Thanks rusty

alfabus
    Free Member

sorry to hear that rusty 🙁

my T4 is insured by HIC – Herts Insurance, they are very good with vans – might be worth giving them a call.

Oh, and if you do go with them, get their breakdown cover too.. £45 extra with the policy, and it covers recovery for all of europe (compare that with £90 from the AA for just the UK). They were even willing to repatriate my van from the alps when I broke my pelvis and was going to be flown home.

Dave

goby

Ah sorry to here that to rusty, well for the van when getting a quote say about doing limited miles as may reduce the cost slightly.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Theres one on the TV at the moment that advertises “insure this one then add your other when it’s due” multi-car insurance. I’ll try to remember who it is.

steveh

Admiral multi car coffeeking I imagine?

My van is insured with NFU Direct (national farmers union). Gets covered on a private policy, mirrored the NCB from my car (which was in use) about £400 ish a year. All they ask is model and weight and it gets listed as vw panel van/pick up or whatever. Highly reccomended, can’t do it online though, you have to call up.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Try gladiator, autonet, farmers union etc….commercial vehicle specific are usually cheaper.

firestarter
    Free Member

nfu direct here too mate

daveevs
    Free Member

NFU again. 10 faultless years with van and house. Real people on the end of the phone too.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I changed from a crappy old Ford Mondy to a new berlingo van and Churchill just transferred it staright over, only a tiny premium increase and I kep my existing no claims. Ooops, hold on, just realised you actually want to “add” it to your policy. No help here then, but “ve typed all this so I’ll just hit the “Send Post” button

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘van/car insurance’ is closed to new replies.