Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Van/campervan conversion insurance and tax questions.
  • paul4stones

I know you can re-register a converted van as a campervan subject to certain criteria and that there may be tax, MOT, insurance and speed limit advantages to doing so. Has anyone any experience of a van which is modified for camping but not enough to reclassify it. Something like this where it doesn’t have a fixed table and chairs or sink and running water? Do insurance companies and MOT inspectors get fussy about this or is it not an issue?

jonahtonto
    Free Member

you dont need a sink and running water. if you replace the front seats with captains chairs (ford galaxy/vw sharon/seat cordoba front seats are a cheap way to do this) and put a slot in table between the two front seats you should hit all criteria.
    my experience is mot testers will just glance in the back, but for a van of that weight it makes no difference anyway. insurance- adrian flux have never questioned my self build (but i have never made a claim so take that with a pinch of salt) the dvla want lots of pics. my mate who works in this department can be a right stickler 😛

paul4stones

It’s worth getting it reclassified then?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Van/campervan conversion insurance and tax questions.’ is closed to new replies.