Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Van Sizes
  • soobalias
    Free Member

does a peugeot partner, renault kangoo, citreon berlingo, transit connect, etc etc sized van take a full bike in the back without removing a wheel?
    if so does it take more than 2?
    anyone use a similar van, experiences?

craig_w
    Free Member

I can’t speak for the above, but a VW caddy will fit several bikes in the back without removing the wheels. My friend has had at least 4 in hers.

thomthumb
    Free Member

hired a transit connect and it wasn’t quite high enough for the bars to clear the roof.

hi-top version would probably have clearance as would a more xc bike. we we had meta 5.5 and a kona coilair.

stumpynya12
    Free Member

My partner van takes 2 bikes (one of which is a freaky 29er) no problem fully built up.Takes 4 plus all kit if you take wheels out of two and shove your mates in another car.

jedi

My berlingo takes 2 easy and 6 plus kit etc for trips

sailor74
    Free Member

depends how long your forks are, one of the highest of the small vans is a Combo which will fit pretty much anything.

bedfo
    Free Member

I have a Transit connect SWB (the lower one) and I can fit 3 bikes fully built easily. I have no idea what thomthumb is on about, there is loads of clearance to the roof. I have had full on DH bikes in mine and they go in fine with space to spare.

Great little van

petrieboy

As this is STW you have to expect an answer to a question you didn’t ask so….. 4 in the back of a Galaxy with seats removed quite easily. Car comfort, speed limits, insurance etc etc. Unless of course you need a van anyway in which case as you were. 🙂

bilberryhunter
    Free Member

I think he means whether you can get them in straight or not, most small vans are not quite long enough for that so you need to stash them on an angle if you don’t want to remove the front wheel. Thats why I made a bracket for my berlingoooo that enables me to mount the bikes with the front wheels removed using a spare skewer. All nice and solid and no bikes moving around getting scratched or needing to be lashed to something. Now’t worse than the whole lot flying around in the back on corners 😉

vdubber67
    Free Member

stumpynya12 – Member

My partner van takes 2 bikes (one of which is a freaky 29er) no problem fully built up.Takes 4 plus all kit if you take wheels out of two and shove your mates in another car.

+1 for the Partner info. They’ll take 2 bikes, with a slight turn of the front wheels (that’s with XL frames too)

Brilliant vans.

paule
    Free Member

Vauxhall combo takes 2 or 3 with the bulkhead in, 5 or 6 if it’s taken out and you turn the bars on the 6th one.

trail_rat
    Free Member

3 full built large bikes in a 56 partner ….. slot the rear wheels between side of van and seats and one through the middle ….easy peasy

Connect wasnt tall enough for my road bike – which isnt freakishly tall so i decided against it….although as tall as my partner the load bay is higher so overall space is shorter !

neilb67
    Free Member

Hi roof lwb connect will take a full bike in without taking wheel off. Goes in straight up against the side. If you get one with the mesh bulkhead and the folding flat passenger front seat then you can stretch out and sleep in there.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Van Sizes’ is closed to new replies.