Van insurce declined after fitting rear seats

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Van insurce declined after fitting rear seats
  • duir
      Direct line have refused my insurance after having rear seats fitted in my Transit Custom. Seats were fitted by a professional fitter to a high standard but they didn’t care.

Any suggestions.

Premier Icon Bez
    Subscriber

1. Try a different insurer
    2. Take the seats back out

😉

Phone Brentacre and have a conversation with a human?

PrinceJohn

Try Aviva – they were good when I had my van.

Premier Icon vincienup
    Subscriber

Were the seats fitted with Ford’s standard parts for the vehicle or is this a fully custom install? If it’s manufacturer parts installed on manufacturer installation points it’ll be easier than a full custom I think.

Bez probably has it nailed though. Insurers will be worried about personal injuries and you’ve just increased the risk by increasing the number of people the van can carry without all the safety certifications the manufacturer would do.

My Transit custom came with seats in rear done by company bought from they were the Tourneo fittings etc, all declared when insured. Someone like Adrian Flux might be able to help.

Premier Icon dknwhy
    Subscriber

I second Brent acre.

Premiums don’t change with mods – you just need to update them on anything you modify by completing a form and emailing it. They were £300 cheaper than direct line too for my Tourneo.

piemonster

Brentacre will insure that no problem.

NFU insure ours and might be worth a call. It’s not a full camper conversion which reduced the options for insurance. Speak to a local branch not central.

scotroutes

Brentacre

NFU

Ardian Flux

All covered my van when it was fitted with additional seats and windows.

duir

Called Brentacre all sorted after 20 mins hardly any difference in price to Direct Line.

Kuco

Direct Line is a bunch of incompetent **** who seem to put more effort into advertising, saying how wonderful they are than actually being a decent company.

scud

Worth phoning around, it was always cheaper for me to insure a Berlingo car with 5 seats than earlier Berlingo van, as it was a non-commercial vehicle.

Premier Icon Phil_H
    Subscriber

I’m with Aviva and have seats & windows in the back of my current van (and a remap).
    Their price was by far the best. They barely batted an eye about the modifications.
    I’v also used Adrian Flux & A plan to insure a van with seats fitted in the rear.

Premier Icon johnnystorm
    Subscriber

Another happy Aviva user here with seats and windows added to my van. They also use live chat which is much less faff than sitting in a phone queue.

Premier Icon kilo
    Subscriber

Direct Line is a bunch of incompetent **** who seem to put more effort into advertising, saying how wonderful they are than actually being a decent company.

+1 refused to insure our house as it’s on a flood area – no other insurance company has a problem and the area Wimbledon has never flooded

Called Brentacre all sorted after 20 mins

You’re welcome.

They should put me on commission. 

trail_rat

brentacre use markerstudy as their under writer.

i really hope you never have to claim for anything – let alone a personal injury claim caused by other drivers negligance.

they have the breaking strain of a wet kitkat.

in a sample of two cases that have been involved with them as the insured party within my immediate family they failed to fulfil their basic duty- in one case they had 3 dash cams off the following motorbikes showing the other party to be fully at fault and driving without due care an attention AND a police prosecution for the same. they still couldnt organise their case in a quotient manor and secure any form of compensation for the bits of totalled motorbike or the IP. simply not interested in doing so. they actually wanted to pay out to the other driver !

then you think – well ill involve the omsbusman and you find out that becasue they are based in gibraltar the osbusman can do absolutely nothing

i wouldnt use any one that insures using markerstudy no matter how painless they make it for modified vehicles.

insurance for those who see it as a legal requirement and expect no more . might as well just set fire to the money.,

you pay your money you take your chances but ill take mine else where

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.