Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Van insurance under Company name- help please!
  • larry

Hi, every year we have a massive struggle to get insurance for our works van, small company and the van is registered in the Company name.

We always run into the problem that the insurers want to put the policy into the managing directors name and can’t do the company name.

Who do you guys use? Please recommend me someone as we are going round in circles and it’s driving us mad. We don’t want to use last years insurer as they have tried putting the price up by £300 for no reason. Cheers in advance

andrewh
    Free Member

We always run into the problem that the insurers want to put the policy into the managing directors name and can’t do the company name.

Company as in limited company? That seems odd. More usual for a partner to be responsible if it’s a partnership but I’m guessing since you have a ‘managing director’ rather than a senior partner this is not the case. Is the van owned by the company as well as it being the registered keeper or owned by the director?
    Recomendations? Try Locktons, a broker based in Birmingham. We’ve used them at work for loads of stuff and they’ve been very good. Underwriters were Aviva if that helps.

larry

Cheers, yes it’s a Ltd company, only 2 directors though, no staff etc and the van is registered and owned under the company name. I’ll try locktons, thanks.

larry

Cheers, all sorted now thanks.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Van insurance under Company name- help please!’ is closed to new replies.