• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Ewan.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Van hire near geneva airport
  • Ewan
    Free Member

Hi all – does anyone know a company that’ll hire a transit van (with three front seats) size vehicle to a UK licence holder near Geneva airport?

We have three (large) bike bags + three people. Having looked at the dimensions of a VW sharon + galaxy I don’t think we’ll get three bike bags + three bikes + three people in one (esp since you can’t remove the seats anymore). It’ll also be a PITA when we put the bikes in it at the end of each day.

A van seems the answer if we can find one that we can hire. Going to be on the swiss side…

garlando

One of the on airport hire companies had a hire van parked in the garage last time I was there.  I think it was enterprise but can’t recall for certain.  Sorry limited help.

garlando

It was sixt

crashrash

If you can get to the French side it will be cheaper – the cars are!

Ewan
    Free Member

I’m sure we can get to the french side if needed – you’re presumably allowed to take into switzerland right?

beanum

These guys have vans for hire. I’ve used them for moving apartments in Lausanne but they have an office in Geneva airport. There is no online booking but there is a web form (in English) and the emails that follow will be in English if you prefer…

They are based in Switzerland though, so there may be a surcharge for taking a van straight into France..?

https://www.aloccars.ch/en/home/

Marin
    Free Member

If you get a van in France and go into Switzerland you will probably have to buy the motorway carnet/sticker. The cars have never come with them I’ve hired.

Ewan
    Free Member

We’re going to be in Switzerland – only going to france if it turns out to be cheaper. I’ll drop a mail to Aloccars thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Van hire near geneva airport’ is closed to new replies.