• This topic has 92 replies, 41 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by 5lab.
Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • Van buying, sensible van or daft JDM option?
  • oldtennisshoes

I’ve noticed dropping prices for the Elegrand too. Me getting one is dependent on me learning to surf which in turn is dependent on me hitting my next weight loss target. So they can keep dropping in price for me for the next 6 months 😀

jamesfts
    Free Member

I think the price of good ones and fresh imports is actually going up. There are just more older/higher mileage cars available now that have been seen an owner or two in the UK.

Would certainly recommend one, I’m sold on mine – bonkers old thing.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

learning to surf which in turn is dependent on me hitting my next weight loss target.

Why?

jamesfts
    Free Member

Best little update so far, interior lights were useless for loading up after night rides so fitted some led work lights in place of some removable panels used for accessing the rear lights to change bulbs. No more faffing about with head torches.

Can now also fit under the tailgate without ducking having fitted some new longer gas struts.

Lights

Lights

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Why?

Fatties sink?

oldtennisshoes

Just a bit of linked motivation.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Fat people actually float better than thin people.

grahamt1980

Fattie in a wetsuit looks much more like a meal for a shark than someone skinny

Northwind

Mister-P
    Free Member

Fat people actually float better than thin people.

I’ve never been fat, but, I used to have a little padding, back when I used to regularly swim, never really thought about it. Years later, went to the swimming lake near White Room on an alps trip, when I was absolutely as fat-free and muscled and fit as I ever get. Sank like a ****ing stone. Even as a pretty experienced swimmer I damn nearly shit myself because someone had changed all the rules on me while I wasn’t looking 🙂

baboonz
    Free Member

I’ve done a little bit of surfing, and wouldn’t want any extra weight when popping up.

Marin
    Free Member

That’s lakes not for swimming in on a trip with The White Room it’s for launching yourself and your bike into on the last day.

Northwind

baboonz
    Free Member

I’ve done a little bit of surfing, and wouldn’t want any extra weight when popping up.

Thing is, when you’re on the board it’s weight but it’s bouyancy when you’re in the water- fat being heavier than air, and heavier than nothing, but lighter than water. But I reckon it could do weird things in the transitions, I was always super skinny when I used to surf so everything was really easy

5lab

Having surfed all over the place, I can say with certainty that a bit of extra weight doesn’t seem to hold back some of the hui I was surfing with in oahu 🙂

Back to vans, I needed something big recently but didn’t fancy the prices needed for jdm stuff so bought a 12 plate galaxy for £1900 instead

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Van buying, sensible van or daft JDM option?’ is closed to new replies.