Value 2 bikes for me please…i don't need a price to sell, but swap ideas.

Home Forum Bike Forum Value 2 bikes for me please…i don't need a price to sell, but swap ideas.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Value 2 bikes for me please…i don't need a price to sell, but swap ideas.
  • Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190996960549&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

and

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/2012-salsa-spearfish-orange-large-good-condition

Obviously one is mine… but I’ve been discussing this with seller. But need to obviously ensure it’s a fair sort of deal. But the Bullits on Ebay seem to be doing crap money on the completed listings, however his does seem to have all the right sort of bits i’d want to find, rather than cheap components that some have fitted.

The answer is of course “what’s it worth to you?”…. but i’m not asking that… 🙂

You’ll want a large, Santa Cruz, especialy the single pivots, come up absolutely tiny in the top tube/reach.

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

My Giant XTC29 was a medium and although looked small, never really caused an issue. I was surprised that the Spearfish didn’t feel massive when I first built it. Although my mates Zesty in a M does feel quite small for me.

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

Secondhand prices are low as hell right now, mainly due to Xmas.

So swapping makes sense, but I’d agree with spoony about the frame size.

And I’d suggest that bike’s worth about £500 less than yours, maybe more because as you point out yourself, Bullits are not the most popular of bikes nowdays.

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

out of interest Chak/others,

what sort of value do you rekon mine is currently then ?

That’ll weigh a ton and then some plus it’s a tad pricey for the age.

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

Sigh… it’s hard all these decisions.

MAybe the best plan is to keep the Fish and get another bike to run alongside should I do the bigger stuff.

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

I wouldn’t like to guess what yours is worth, but the Bullit might go for £500 or £600 I reckon.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Value 2 bikes for me please…i don't need a price to sell, but swap ideas.’ is closed to new replies.