Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • value 10-speed chain choice.
  • TimCotic
    Free Member

Your recommendations for best value/durable 10-speed chains (and where to source them) please. I like to have a powerlink so I’ve currently got a SRAM PC1051. Are KMC better?

JoeG
    Free Member

I’ve been running a KMC and a SRAM chain for about 6 months. They seem pretty much the same to me, so I’d buy on price.

The 10 speed SRAM quick links aren’t supposed to be reusable. Some folks have reused theirs, but they can be hard to remove.

I bought a 6 psck of KMC missing links online cheap, and have been using those. IIRC 6 pack online was about the same price as 2 bought individually. So I have some for future use or trailside repairs.

matther01
    Free Member

KMC X10 L, decent weight, price and longevity. KMC Powerlinks are reusable and the chain is shimano and sram compatible.

TimCotic
    Free Member

Cheers guys. I have removed my SRAM PC971 AND PC991 chains and restored them with the same link numerous times in the past with no problems. I’ve done the same with a PC1071 on a couple of occasions. So I treat the sram links as re-useable.

TimCotic
    Free Member

I seem to wear out entire drive chains (all the bits) too quickly and I’ve been reccommded to run two chains. I just got a KMC X10-L and plan to run with my PC1051 – regularly swapping over. Time will tell.

Northwind

KMC X10 for me too… Can’t remember the exact model, 93? Very good.

Oh aye and Decathlon sell KMC 10-speed quicklinks for buttons.

andymac
    Free Member

Wipperman 10s8 from Germany £17 or so and very good. Postage is £5 so worth ordering a few things.

Bike Discount De

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘value 10-speed chain choice.’ is closed to new replies.