Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Vallnord and Andorra riding
  • hammerite
    Free Member

I’ve just moved to Andorra. I’ve not been riding much over the last year or two, but I’ve obviously bought my bike with me.

I went for a wander around La Massana today and noticed that nearly everyone who was coming off the trails at Vallnord bike park were riding DH bikes and were in full body armour. It makes me wonder whether I’m going to trash my bike/myself if I go for a blast around the bike park. I’ve got a Cannondale Trigger – 140mm travel front and back. I’ve ridden in the mountains before at Saalbach, Leogang and Schladming. Saalbach and Leogang were fine. Schladming was manageable, but hard work for both me and the bike. Clearly all those others on DH bikes could’ve been hitting the blacks hard. I’m unlikely to be hitting the blacks, let alone hitting them hard!

Anyway, any advice on whether there’s likely to be enough at my level, or am I likely to trash myself or my bike!?

Any advice on other areas to ride?

I’ve been through the search pages but apart from this, it didn’t show much up… https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/vallnord-bike-park-advice-needed-pls/

lucien

I’ve posted on the thread you linked to.  Best bet would be to see what the LBS are selling / renting – that will give you a good idea of riding.  AFAIK the bike park is all DH stuff, I’m sure with some more exploring there will be general trail riding but you may need to seek it out.  Not sure of path permissions or ROW info for Andorra. A good paper map might throw up some options.  Good luck, I thought Andorra was awesome along with the people.

hammerite
    Free Member

Thanks. Mostly downhill or enduro bikes seem to be hired out.

As for other riding, it seems the ‘cami’ routes are mixed use paths with priority for pedestrians. The one I walked down today looked like it would be reasonable fun in the evening after work in the dark. I’m going to explore one up to a local lake that has a short bike trail around it too. I’m sure there’s plenty to go at on the bike I have. I’m not in the market for a new bike yet – the move out here has had some extra unplanned costs.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Vallnord and Andorra riding’ is closed to new replies.