Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Vallelujah – anyone going? Any ideas where we’re riding?
  • euain

Looking forward to this as there’s far too much on at work and I need a weekend messing about on bikes.

Are there a few forumites going to play?

Any of the locals clocked where the trails are? I saw some mention of Golfie featuring heavily. That could be fun and hope the showers over the next couple of days are just damping down the dust.

singlespeedstu

Looks like a fair bit of work has been done on repeat offender.
    Stumps at the bottom have been ground down with nice rounded edges.

benpinnick

I’m there in a wrenching/support/selling capacity. If anyone needs bits/tyres etc. we’ll be there….

Tracey

We have just arrived for the weekend. First competition for Abigale since she broke her leg last Sept. It will be more of a tester for her to see how well it holds up. Still waiting for the appointment to remove the plate. Ideally it will be great for her to be out on the trails, finish and touch base with everyone again.
    We will be out and about on the Levos whilst she practices and competes.

balfa
    Free Member

It was partially taped last night at the Golfie.

1. Lone Wolf
    2. Repeat Offender to the fire road
    3. Right Side Clyde (though wasn’t taped so could do something weird)
    I assume there are more stages on the DH side too.

E-Bike Stage looked like New School into Pre-Drinks possibly with a uphill from resrvoir first?

militantmandy
    Free Member

As above + Quarry enduro and some kind of mash up.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

yep, looking forward to it, although no idea what to expect, i guess it’ll be tougher than I’m used to.. done a few trips at wharnie(sheffield) these last few weeks for some steep techy woods action..
    hopefully that’ll help.

am i right in thinking it was mainly at glentress offpiste the last few events..

i notice fullface is recommended

militantmandy
    Free Member

am i right in thinking it was mainly at glentress offpiste the last few events..

Yes that’s right. There’s nothing too crazy in it, but it really depends on what you’re used to. Weather is a bit changeable at the moment, it was VERY greasy the last few days, hopefully either a bit more rain or a bit more sun will help!

I decided not to do it this year as I didn’t fancy racing at GT again, I’m slightly regretting selling my ticket as the course is looking pretty good.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

thanks @militantmandy distance and climbing should be ok [36km and 1250m] x2 days
    although been alot run down recently, so wont be at my best :0).
    get the excuses in early.

if its too gnarley, at least it’ll make Boltby bash faster next week :0)

euain

It was partially taped last night at the Golfie.

1. Lone Wolf
    2. Repeat Offender to the fire road
    3. Right Side Clyde (though wasn’t taped so could do something weird)

Brilliant. That sounds fun.

Though the youngster just looked on trailforks and asked if we need to cycle to the top of them all. Lazy git! We are just doing the light option (he’s only 13) so I’m guessing we might miss out Lone Wolf (or Repeat Offender) and only have to climb to the top once.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

I’m racing, and taking myself to Melrose for a bed on Saturday on the offchance anyone else is there for a pint 🤣

Should be a good weekend, I prefer some damp at the Golfie side at least..

stanfree
    Free Member

I am doing it with a couple of mates and their kids, Will be my first and last enduro but looking forward to it. 5 Stages 3 at the Golfie and 2 at Inners. Pretty stacked field of pros should be good.

singlespeedstu

taking myself to Melrose for a bed on Saturday on the offchance anyone else is there for a pint 🤣

Not in Melrose but should be in Tempest late avo early evening on Saturday

euain

I’ll be around – staying in Peebles. If you see a slightly beardy bloke with a bright yellow Nukeproof Mega accompanied by a skinny 6’2 youngster on a slate grey Bird AM9, say hi.

militantmandy
    Free Member

bright yellow Nukeproof Mega

We won’t be able to pick you out of the sea of bright yellow megas I’m afraid!

euain

Very true. Add to that the almost 50, slightly beardy and, er, not skinny like the youngster and I’m completely unidentifiable.

Tracey

Map is now up on their site

stanfree
    Free Member

Looks a good wee course , surprised and happy to see it’s not to hard . expected full repeat and a longer or more difficult stage 3 . I thought Big baw would have been stage 3 but im guessing that is getting beefed up for the EWS.
    Anyhoo good luck everyone and sorry to who I slow down .

euain

That was a lot of fun! How did everyone get on?

We had an absolute ball. The trails were fun for practice and even better for the race. It was my lad’s first techy enduro (he’s done various local races and the Funduro last year) and he loved every minute of it (well, 14 minutes of the 4 hours we were out, anyway).

Great weather, good chat with folk on the course. Grinning like an idiot at the bottom of every trail. Brilliant. Neither of us was threatening for silverware – but we knew that before going.

moonsaballoon

I really enjoyed it , struggled to get moving on stage 4 but it was so much better than practice on Saturday . Pleased with how I rode but the pace on some people is just on another level , for me it’s just about finishing 😀
    I think I might of had a little chat with you Euain on Saturday after practice on the road back to inners , I was on the blue cotic . Glad you and your lad enjoyed your weekend.

singlespeedstu

I thought Big baw would have been stage 3 but im guessing that is getting beefed up for the EWS.

Beefed up and extended by the look of it.

euain

I think I might of had a little chat with you Euain on Saturday after practice on the road back to inners , I was on the blue cotic . Glad you and your lad enjoyed your weekend.

I thought you had a Rocket but it was actually a Flare? Yes that was me and the lad.

moonsaballoon

Yep that was me 😀

militantmandy
    Free Member

Well, pretty sad I sold my ticket! A few friends went round and had a great time. My girlfriend even managed to come 2nd in class. Very proud!

stanfree
    Free Member

I had a total mare on saturday and crashed due to a knackered brake on Lower wolf , had to push down RSC due to the brake again fading. Cut along story short Steve at Icycles kindly fixed the brake only for the other one to push the pads out on stage 4 . So didn’t get to ride 5 . Swapped the front brake of my sons bike and made it out Sunday . Sunday was great , Lone Wolf had dried out , Repeat and RSC were good. Had a feed then ventured over to the slog up to Stage 4 which was a mission. Stage 4 was better than the day before but the hardest trail of the day , just couldn’t seem to get going In contrast Stage 5 was amazing . It had enough long fast bits and a few really tight corners and evenb a smallish climb before the cresta corners.
    All in all a good day my pals sons were 1 st and 6 th in their classes. I was pretty much where I thought I’d be fairly close to the bottom . Met some nice folks and got a sun tan and a few beers at the end. Does make me realise how much I just love riding the trails normally without someone screaming at me . I’m obviously way slower than I thought but was quite proud to get round the whole course after saturdays nightmare.
    Well done Tweedlove , really well organised and good value I thought to be honest

Tracey

Great weekend, even the weather was good.
    First event for Abigale after her broken leg. Didn’t help that she caught the rear mech at the bottom of stage 1 and also snapped the chain. She managed to get it working with the gears jumping all over. However some of the links in the GX chain had cracks in them so she didn’t pedal much on stages 2 and 3. We gave her the two power links we had just in case it broke again. 4 and 5 were hard as she didn’t want to put any strain on it.
    New X01 chain fitted tonight, just need to sort the mech out.
    Even with the mechanicals a finish was enough to see her grinning again

bigfoot
    Free Member

had a fun weekend. never ridden RSC before and couldn’t belive how slick it was on saturday and then a tree knocked me of the bike in 5 and caused me to headbut another tree, luckily with no damage to head or helmet.
    sunday lone wolf was a good run, on repeat my finger tightened up and i really struggled to release the rear brake near the end, was glad it didn’t go further down. RSC took it a bit to easy after saturday but it was mujch better. 4 was my best stage of the day and had an issue on 5 when i started to turn left instead of going straight and came to a stop just of the stage, got confused by a bit of old tape blowing around and think i was that drained my brain didn’t notice it was white not yellow. i wasn’t the only one, lad in front of me had gone even further down the wrong way and spoke to someone else who almost did the same.

mtnboarder

I took that left as well, following another rider. Only realised about 40ft down the trail and had to push back up which wasn’t fun (on the ebike for this one).

bigfoot
    Free Member

seen some video footage and that showed some tape blocking of that left turn, fairly certain that it wasn’t there when we came down. we had a late start time just before the ebikes so a lot of them passed us through the day and we ended up as vertually last finishers.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.