Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • VAG auto's Q
  • singlecrack
    Free Member

Looking at another car ..04 Passat1.8t auto
    Are the auto boxes any good..the reason I ask is I had a T4 with an auto box and it was a ticking time bomb….ready to shed me of any money I had …

allthepies
    Free Member

<molly to the forum please>

thegreatape
    Free Member

VAG auto’s are fine if the vehicle is driven as it should be. Tartan rug and string back glove style dawdling does not agree with them though.

grum
    Free Member

Just wondering – why is it cool on here to call them VAG? Wouldn’t the thread title be more informative if it just said Passat? 😕

trail_rat
    Free Member

Auto or not , if its got starship milage as most reasonably priced t4s and passats so then itll cost money.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Just wondering – why is it cool on here to call them VAG? Wouldn’t the thread title be more informative if it just said Passat?

Same gearboxes across the group, so the experience of some skoda, seat, some audi owners is also relevant. I don’t think it’s about being cool.

kimbers

cool is it pronounced vag – short for vagina?

(not that I have anything against vaginas, mind)

hammyuk
    Free Member

Is it the CVT or DSG auto?
    CVT are bombproof, DSG’s are as long as you realise they have a DMF like the manuals and can need a clutch change like the manuals.

MoreCashThanDash

Huge fans of the VAG boxes in our house. Own 05 and 11 reg Skodas. Regularly Drive VW and Seat autos, plus other makes as hire cars.

Provided the car has been properly serviced and the cambelt changed when it needed it, you shouldn’t have any problems. Make sure it wasn’t a taxi, of course.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

(not that I have anything against vaginas, mind)

Well if you talk to the ladies nicely I’m sure your luck may change….

loddrik
    Free Member

Got 2 day’s and love them. By the sound of the year and model though I don’t think it’s a dsg your looking at.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Pretty sure it’s not a dsg on an 04 …….70’000 miles….and being a 1.8 turbo petrol …..I’m pretty sure it wasn’t a taxi

molgrips
    Free Member

I don’t know about non DSG ones.

somouk
    Free Member

It will be non DSG at that age so an old CVT.

A mate has a 2.8 V6 passat with one and it’s been no bother at all.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Thanks for the info people……will take a look .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘VAG auto's Q’ is closed to new replies.