• This topic has 18 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Vaccine Passport
  • BigJohn

I’ve had a look and I don’t think I’m repeating a post, and I don’t know if I’m just the last to know this, but…

I’ve got my Covid Vaccine Passport.

I installed the NHS app (not the NHS Covid app, the plain NHS one, with 1M+ downloads) from the Android Play Store, gave some details, did my fingerprint scan, took a photo of my passport, did a scan of my face and 20 minutes later got a message to say all done.

Now I can log on, scan my fingerprint and see my vaccine details. It tells the date and type of both (yes both!) of my vaccinations and there is a nice big QR code that can be scanned to prove my immortality.

I’m just surprised this isn’t more common knowledge. Or is it?

mattyfez

I think its reasonably well known that you can check your vaccine details on the NHS app.

The big unknown is what other countries deem accepatble for proof of vaccination, the EU is gearing up its own scheme, but of course we are not part of that any more. Presumably the NHS app/QR code will be acceptable, but i’ve yet to read that is formally accepatble.

cloudnine
    Free Member

I hope its blue.
    We havent been through all this to have burgundy Covid passports.

Duggan

I think it only very recently became functional didn’t it? I read something in the paper about it very recently, maybe on Sunday.

I suppose the controversial (or not) bit isn’t its existence per se but rather how it ends up being used in the future and what sort of things do or don’t require it on a mandatory basis.

BigJohn

Yes, it’s blue. Not a nice dark blue like my old Britannic Majesty one, but still blue.
    And all the rigmarole you need to go through in order to show it makes me think it might be secure enough to be used for travel.

footflaps

I installed the NHS app

Had no idea there was such a thing!

What does it do (other than CV Passport)?

johndoh
    Free Member

Ohh I didn’t know it did that, thanks for that (not that I am planning on travelling but it’s good to know).

It depends on how much your GP uses it, but it allows users to make appointments, order prescriptions, access their medical records etc etc etc.

mattyfez

I think its reasonably well known that you can check your vaccine details on the NHS app.

The big unknown is what other countries deem accepatble for proof of vaccination, the EU is gearing up its own scheme, but of course we are not part of that any more. Presumably the NHS app/QR code will be acceptable, but i’ve yet to read that is formally accepatble.

Also getting back into the UK is a problem, as even if you are fully vaccinated, the rules currently state if comming from an amber country, you still have to pay Matt Hancocks mates about £450 for 3 PCR tests per person.

binners

It tracks your every movement, records your conversations and allows both Bill Gates and Boris Johnson to communicate subliminal messages to you without your knowledge so that you end up wanting to boff that young filly in accounts while simultaneously doing a powerpoint presentation on the subject

superfli
    Free Member

Thanks very much @BigJohn Installed and now can see my medical details plus Covid vaccination proof 🙂

footflaps

It tracks your every movement, records your conversations and allows both Bill Gates and Boris Johnson to communicate subliminal messages to you without your knowledge so that you end up wanting to boff that young filly in accounts while simultaneously doing a powerpoint presentation on the subject

Excellent, I’m in!

BigJohn

There’s a section just for people with flappy feet.

MoreCashThanDash

Does it make the young filly in accounts want to be boffed by me though?

gobuchul
    Free Member

There has been “vaccine passports” for years.

I’ve had one most of my working life. You need to show when checking in at the airport and at immigration, to allow you to travel to certain countries.

footflaps

Does it make the young filly in accounts want to be boffed by me though?

One flash of the STD status page on your NHS app and she’ll be all over you like a Tory prime minister in a pig sty…..

footflaps

You need to show when checking in at the airport and at immigration, to allow you to travel to certain countries.

Most African countries will just accept $20 on arrival 😉

RobHilton
    Free Member

On installing it for vaccine passport reasons I found I needed to make an appointment for the dreaded gastro camera. It solved the issue of why I hadn’t received the referral letter I’d been expecting for 2 months.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Now I can log on, scan my fingerprint and see my vaccine details. It tells the date and type of both (yes both!) of my vaccinations and there is a nice big QR code that can be scanned to prove my immortality.

Now you just need to wait another 6 months for all the young people working behind the bars, in cafes, as guides, filght crew, and everywhere else to get theirs and the idea of a vaccine passport might actually be workable 🤣

Drac

Thanks for the reminder I’d forgot to sort that.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Vaccine Passport’ is closed to new replies.