Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • V50 cabin fan not… fanning.
  • pondo

My V50 estate’s been stood for ten days or so, got in the other day and the heater fan is not blowing. If I turn the temperature up and down, I can hear the faders doing fadey things, but turning the fan up and down doesn’t make a noise, and definitely no fanning going on. On one hand, it’s nice and quiet, on the other it has a negative effect on visibility at this time year. AC can no longer be turned on (I’m guessing it won’t if the fan isn’t fanning), engine temp sits where it always does, it had an alternator towards the end of last year and has otherwise been fine. 04 plate 5 pot petrol atmo auto estate – any thoughts? Is it terminal cat AIDS?

richmtb

Failed blower motor.

Have a Google. Mine went on my Leon. It was under the dash on the passenger side. It was a ten minute job to fix it. I used a reconditioned part.

No idea if it’s as easy to sort on a Volvo, but it sounds exactly like a failed blower motor.

slackalice
    Free Member

Or a fuse.

matt_outandabout

Or a fuse

That was my first thought to check.

Where are you? I’ve VIDA/DICE you can borrow if you’re in central Scotland.

pondo

Ah – Birmingham, but cheers anyway. I’ll start with fuses as that seems simpler than checking/replacing the motor. Cheers! 🙂

owenfackrell
    Free Member

Go on the Volvo forum. They have a v50 section and also lots of people on there have Vida/Dice and are willing to help.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Does it work on maximum fan – if so it’s the resistor.

The fans seem to vary in price, the OH’s fiesta’s fan is expensive enough to write the car off!

pondo

Nah, tried all variations of high/low/no fan and high/low temp, all buttons pushed and prodded, turned it off and on again. Will ask in th’Volvo forum but really hoping it’s not a dead fan, seems a lot of work to replace. 🙁

pondo

Hmm. The car’s been stood for a while – got in it yesterday, fan gave a brief pff when I started her up, then nothing….

…. for about five minutes, then it started working as normal. I fear domething expensive and electrical is afoot… 🙁

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘V50 cabin fan not… fanning.’ is closed to new replies.