Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • V-22 Osprey spotted in Notts
  • wysiwyg
    Free Member

I didn’t know we had any?

mashr

We don’t, but there’s a fly past going on today so could be part of that

TheWrongTrousers

The Americans have several, based at Mildenhall

mickmcd
    Free Member

Part of the mi amigo flypast in Sheffield

bear-uk
    Free Member

Usually in pairs around Menwith Hill Harrogate.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

There was a fly past over Sheffield earlier,it was on BBC Breakfast all morning.
    They filmed the planes that flew over, no doubt it will be on the national news later,have a look if the plane was there.

scud
    Free Member

I live in North Norfolk close to Marham, Mildenhall and Lakenheath bases.

We get a lot of the Osprey coming over from Mildenhall as well their fast jets, they also come over low and make a really distinctive sound, great things

prawny

I saw one barreling down the great glen at low altitude on holiday last summer. It was a sight, about midnight, right over loch Ness with just the tips of the props glowing green.

scuttler

Deffo the Sheffield one, was tracking it and some of the others on https://global.adsbexchange.com/VirtualRadar/desktop.html

I expect it’ll be on the news later, otherwise check out BBC breakfast from around 08:40 on iPlayer.

siwhite
    Free Member

Epic machines. I have seen them operating from close distance twice – at the NATO Summit in 2014 and at one of Trump’s visit locations last summer. We were about 100m from a take-off point at one stage, and had trouble standing in one spot, such was the force of the down-draft. They need a fire crew present to land on grass in case the turf catches fire…

votchy
    Free Member

That was a good turn out for that fly past

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘V-22 Osprey spotted in Notts’ is closed to new replies.