Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)
  • I’m A Celebrity!
  • Kryton57

The other contestants must be liking the fact having him in there will reduce their own chances of having to eat kangaroo penis and fish eyeballs…

Yeah but… all else considered what’s the reaction if a) he brings them 10 stars for dinner & wins all the luxuries via the Mole thing, some sort of anti hero you can’t really be upset with? b) He doesn’t win stars and they end up with beans and rice.

Its a very interesting dynamic to think about. Or maybe don’t think about it just point and laugh.

northernremedy

It feels quite uncomfortable as well, in terms of the undertones it brings. Plus, his children (presuming he has any?) watching the reaction to him on it and the potential for bullying etc. Not very positive for them.

Some of the other remarks though, BG – he couldn’t see his mum. Well no and neither could thousands of others – but is that what he should be cross about?! I’d say the decision to sacrifice care homes by releasing positive patients in to them is a bigger and much more directly attributable poor decision. I’d argue anyone/everyone would have had to impose the ban on visitors in hospitals.

I think unfortunately his ‘I want people to see the real me’ is just too weak an argument and too unrealistic a proposition. In truth, he wanted a pay check and to cash in on what he hopes is positive publicity.

Speeder

@northernremedy BG is always going to concentrate on the things that directly affected him. His mum was ill & he couldn’t see her. If she’d been in a care home with Covid running rampant I’m sure that woud have been the thing to hit Hancock with. I’m sure all that will come out in time. I’m trying not to watch it but the wife’s interested. Wil be interesting to watch (hear) it play out ….

fossy

Just waiting for it to kick off TBH. You can see the anger simmering in the other camp mates.

Kryton57

Slightly annoying then that Hancock won all 11 stars.

Did Scarlette Douglas catch him out though? When explaining the angst his involvement during the Lockdown period was causing he lept to a “well that’s why I resigned”.

But thats not true is it, he resigned because he got caught on camera fondling Gina. So did he try to show himself as remorseful? Hmmmm

At least tonight we get to see him with a mouthful of something revolting.

fingerbang
    Free Member

all this about bushtucker trials punishing him. I think in fact that the camplife is so boring that the campmates actually want to do trials just for something to do, maybe not the really gross ones. But every year you get one person who does them all until they’re voted out. Hancocks probably loving all the attention

Some of the its a knockout style trials look quite fun, beats sitting round listening to buddhist chanting

chakaping
    Free Member

A little snippet from yesterday’s Popbitch…

Matt Hancock’s press team have been hitting up journalists and correspondents today to see if they can stir up a little more press interest in Boy George’s previous conviction to deflect some of the heat their boy is taking.

Classy.

Harry_the_Spider

^
    🙁
    If that is the case he really shouldn’t be in there.

dazh

There’s an awful lot of pious nonsense going on about Hancock. I don’t know why but I quite like him. Probably because he’s willing to put himself out there warts and all rather than hiding behind the shield of being a politician. At the very least it will show that our political system is not designed to allow people to be themselves, and instead forces them to become dishonest, soundbite spouting automatons who don’t serve the people, but serve the system that employs them. I hope he wins it TBH, good luck to him!

Kryton57

dazh you are Matt Hancock and I claim my £5.

kerley
    Free Member

At the very least it will show that our political system is not designed to allow people to be themselves, and instead forces them to become dishonest, soundbite spouting automatons who don’t serve the people, but serve the system that employs them.

If you don’t want any of that then maybe stand as an independent. The fact he chose to stand as a tory tells me all I need to know about him.

dissonance

At the very least it will show that our political system is not designed to allow people to be themselves

And a reality tv show does? A quick look at the history of them would show all but the dimmest participant that you might want to control the image you present.
    You dont think they will be putting forward a public persona just as fake as the one needed to pretend Johnson isnt a turd?
    He is putting himself out there either for cash or as a rehabilitation program. Especially in the latter case being completely honest isnt liable to be a good idea.

tjagain

Dazh – really? He is dishonest and corrupt. Look at what he did over PPE procurement. He outright lied publicly and proven. He took bribes. (disguised of course as ever)

he is also grossly incompetent

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

At least Matt isn’t a vicious hightist like @tjagain.

tjagain

🙂

The “little” was in reference to his political stature. I had no idea how tall he was

Pejorative term yes but heightist – me? Never. 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

He trained to be a jockey.

A short-arse.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

I thought he was tall?

Harry_the_Spider

Getting a bit bored of Hancock’s Half Hour now. Time for them to share the focus with some of the other, more interesting, people.

Kryton57

Likewise, I was literally here to post the same. I’m amazed but don’t know why at how calm Mike Tindall is. He seems quite content just to sit with his eyes closed and relax for long periods, and when he does engage in conversation it’s so inoffensive it’s unreal.

Where can I get lessons for this?

MoreCashThanDash

Like the contestants said, now they’ve discussed the whole Hancock thing with him, hopefully they will draw a line and move on. Only Moyles seems to want to keep digging.

Whilst I find the trials revolting, Hancock and Boy George did well last night. Also interesting listening to Sue and Seann Walsh talking about their backgrounds. I wouldn’t turn it on to watch it, but I catch bits that are interesting.

revs1972
    Free Member

He seems quite content just to sit with his eyes closed and relax for long periods

Do you have kids ? 😂

northernremedy

At what point is this just normalising bullying?

binners

Legitimised bullying is the whole point of ‘reality’ TV. It has always been thus

Difficult to feel much sympathy when someone has put themselves up for it voluntarily in order to indulge in some self-promotion

Let’s get out the worlds smallest violin

CountZero

Gotta ask: just why, exactly, are you all watching this dreadful shit TV? Honestly, it’s car-crash television and just the thought of watching it brings me out in a rash! There’s no ‘reality’ in any programming of this sort, Blue Planet or Frozen Planet are reality television, not a bunch of Z-list so called ‘celebrities’ indulging in a form of masochistic self-indulgent self-promotion. FFS! 😖

binners

Honestly, it’s car-crash television

Answered your own question

I hadn’t watched any of it this until this afternoon, but I watched the former health Secretary try and justify the deaths of tens of thousands of people in a lack of self-awareness that was truly staggering.

Like it or not, in this totally ****ed up country we live in you’re now going to get more insight into what’s happening in government from I’m a Celebrity than you are from Question Time or Newsnight

MoreCashThanDash

I’d happily ban reality TV – the original Big Brother was an interesting concept until Z list wannabes thought it would give the a career, now we have I’m a Celeb as they try and save their career.

The Bad People podcast had a good episode on reality TV and it’s Jeremy Kyle type origins. It’s exploitative at best, full on abuse of tbe vulnerable at worst.

MrsMC – who is a social worker, FFS – seems to find it a relaxing end to her day 🤷‍♂️

dudeofdoom

Mrs DoD had it on for 5 minutes till I got her to switch it over,seems like people have conveniently forgot about covid and how that shite was telling us not to do anything on pain of law,whilst out getting his end away with someone elses Mrs. Let alone the whole ppe scandal.

Don’t give him the time of day,this appearance has gave him x thousands and gives him a vehicle to rewrite history and a new career path.

I get why people enjoy this stuff but people like him shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near it.

RustyNissanPrairie

MrsRNP has this on in the background and this is what’s **** wrong with this country, Boy George just voted out (and he seems allright from what I’ve seen) yet Matt Handcock is still in there.

Kryton57

Matt Handcock is still in there.

yep, a cheating self serving slimeball bent politician reposnsible for the misery of millions is at least the 7th most popular person on a nationwide entertainment show.

Drac

Or people aren’t voting for him until near the end so he doesn’t spend 2 weeks in 5 star hotel.

tillydog
    Free Member

Or people aren’t voting for him until near the end so he doesn’t spend 2 weeks in 5 star hotel.

It works the other way – votes keep you in. Ergo: more people voted *for* Hat Mancock than for BG.

Harry_the_Spider

Staggered that Hancock is still in there. Once you get past the dodgy PPE/incompetence/death thing (if that is possible) he’s so beige. Not made me laugh once and the trials don’t seem to faze him.

Boy George was very entertaining, as was Sue. Mike or Jill are our household favourites, but I suspect Chris will win as the Radio X audience are voting for him.

Drac

It works the other way – votes keep you in. Ergo: more people voted *for* Hat Mancock than for BG.

I thought it was vote to leave? Either way it could still be the reason, not because he’s popular.

Kryton57

he’s so beige.

There’s many signs that point to the fact he has Aspergers or some kind of autism to tbh. Not picking up on signals or nuances, anti social habits without realism of their impact, worryingly good at some of the games, without fear, a bias to logic, and he walks in a slight leaning forward / weird way.

dazh

Staggered that Hancock is still in there.

I reckon he’s gonna win. I hope he does. People have a weakness for people who they think are evil turning out to be pretty normal and ok, and Hancock fits that perfectly. They also like humility, and Hancock has been very humble. Mike Tindall is the one who annoys me the most. Royalty has clearly gone to his head. He oozes superiority over the others.

johndoh
    Free Member

I am surprised at myself for thinking this, but I like the young lad from Hollyoaks – he is down to earth, clearly having the time of his life, and seems a genuinely nice person.

Drac

Yeah him and Jill are coming across as nice people who are loving it.

johndoh
    Free Member

Yeah I was going to mention Jill in my post too – she is equally enjoying herself – if either of them win and I believe they are 1st (Jill) and 2nd (Mr Muscles Boy) favourites to do so – I will be happy.

Kryton57

Mike Tindall is the one who annoys me the most. Royalty has clearly gone to his head. He oozes superiority over the others.

I don’t get that at all, I get years of similar Rugby hijinks experience making the challenges look easier and a laid back personality trying to get a rest from the kids. And off course, there’s no booze.

Hancock has been very humble.

You’re going to fall for that? Guffaw….

Drac

Yeah Mike comes across as Ok to me too, a very typical top level sports person. Nothing bothers them and gets everyone involved, certainly not seen any smugness.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.