Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Utterly clueless tubeless questions
  • rj
    Free Member

So, I ordered a Rubber Queen from my LBS as I had a voucher for my birthday, and it was the only time I was ever likely to get a 50 quid tyre (seriously, a bike forum that flags tyre as a spelling mistake?). Due to another LBS building me a wheel, then selling it to someone else so having to knock me up a new one with whatever rim they had lying around I have a Mavic 819 on my front wheel. I was in the process of putting said tyre on with a tube when it occurred to me that this confluence of events might be a good time to try tubeless, but I haven’t the foggiest where to start. I must need a valve of some description, but what? Do I need sealant? Will my cheap Bell floor pump from Asda suffice? I’ll be eternally grateful if someone can give me concise instructions (ideally less verbose than this post).

cynic-al
    Free Member

valve from an old tube, def use sealant, may be tough with a track pump only and non ust tyre.

Instructions…see google

rj
    Free Member

Ah, I forgot to type the bit that was the whole point of this; it is a UST Rubber Queen. How do I seal the valve?

timmys

(seriously, a bike forum that flags tyre as a spelling mistake?)

Ummmm, that would be the spell check feature of your browser, nothing to do with the site.

cynic-al
    Free Member

seal the valve…with sealant.

Or bend over to the tune of £££ for a mavic one.

rj
    Free Member

that would be the spell check feature of your browser

I’m learning stuff left, right and centre today. OK, Stanley knife and old tube it is.

burnie
    Free Member

819s come with the valve. So not only has your LBS sold your wheels but they have also stolen your valve!

rj
    Free Member

I know them well enough that I’m pretty sure the valve will have gone astray through ineptitude rather than dishonesty.

Gary_C

You can buy a a pair of Stans No Tubes valves for £12 off Merlin

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Utterly clueless tubeless questions’ is closed to new replies.