• This topic has 18 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by emsz.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • utterly bollox day
  • iDave
    Free Member

macbook died this morning. screen was black but tiny bit of life in it, then it would die. If I opened the case it would be ok for half a second. so off to get a monitor as I have loads of work to get done. bought monitor, PC World twice sold me the wrong VGA adapters, finally got the adapter I needed after about 50 miles of driving around. Fired it all up and the new monitor was on a secondary and very blank desktop. had no means of seeing the settings on the main desktop to switch. after a little cry and pressing every possible key combination, I spent 90 mins trying to blindly click and drag a useful icon from the main to secondary desktop. finally hooked the mackintosh hd icon, and got it sorted from there, desktops now mirrored. thankfully none of you will be able to tell me there was a 1 min shortcut.

Now faced with a new macbook purchase that I could really do without. mleh.

Stoner
    Free Member

Apple fail 🙂

Insert Nelson haha here….

iDave
    Free Member

It’s 5 years old though, well battered and has had coffee poured over it twice….

I’m sure it carries many diseases.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    samuri
    Free Member

what are you doing with the old one?

Stoner
    Free Member

Spill more alcohol on it. It acts as an antiseptic.

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

i feel your pain, on sunday i spiiled most of a cup of coffee over my 4 month old £1600 macbook pro, tonight it the night i try turn it on again after the drying out process… fingers bloooody expensive cup of coffee if it doesnt work

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

o i just read your second post about the coffee after i replied, that gives me a little more confidence… eeek

soobalias
    Free Member

so what did mleh have to do with your utterly bollox day?

iDave
    Free Member

anus – the second time it was swilling around in coffee for about 5 mins at the bottom of a bag.

I ran it under the tap, 5 days in a bag of rice, and it worked for 9 months, until today…..

I’ll put the old one on ebay probably samuri, once the new one manages to get purchased.

zilog6128

I spent 90 mins trying to blindly click and drag a useful icon from the main to secondary desktop

Doesn’t F7 toggle between mirrored/extended desktop?

samuri
    Free Member

hmm, it’s sounding less interesting now. 😉

iDave
    Free Member

Doesn’t F7 toggle between mirrored/extended desktop?

it does once mirrored has been set up, until then, no

Kuco

This thread reminds me I must finally dump my dead Macbook pro rather than having it sitting around 😥

zilog6128

it does once mirrored has been set up

Right, that’s job #1 when I get home!!

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I got 99 problems in the 1st world, but this ain’t one.

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

idave, i turned it upside down right away and took the bottom off its the new unibody one, then have had it on a shelf ontop of my radiator since sunday so i hope all is well. however i fear in my panic i attempted to turn it pretty soon after the spilling which i read is about the worst thing you can do but i dont remember now

molgrips
    Free Member

Inverter gone, sounds like. £30 ish for a PC. You do not need a new MacBook.

ebygomm
    Free Member

I spilt a cup of coffee over my laptop and it’s lived to tell the tale, although now minus a working right touchpad key. Thought it was going to be an excuse to buy a new one – it’s 7 year’s old – but it lived to fight another day.

emsz
    Free Member

I have NO idea what your talking about, but it sounds shit, sorry, my lovely

*kisses*

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘utterly bollox day’ is closed to new replies.