Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Utter, utter stupidity – Dee Valley Water
  • Raindog
    Free Member

Dee Water say we have a leak outside our house, they dig a hole about 4ft deep by 5ft long. They can’t find the leak and tell me we’ll have to get a contractor in to dig out the concrete slab as they think it’s under there…..ok, not happy but these things happen. I get back from walking the dog a few minutes ago to find Dee Valley just finishing off filling the hole back in – how stupid can you get ? They’ve driven 12 miles to back fill a hole I need open. I now have to pay someone else to dig it out again. To say I’m angry is an understatement. It’s not on a highway, not blocking any access and they didn’t tell me they were coming. The inspector even gave me a list of contractors to contact to get the job finished. Stunned.

sharkbait
    Free Member

As far as they’re concerned they’ve finished their job. I suspect it’s a health and safety thing – if someone fell into the hole and got injured who would be to blame?
    It is a bit of a bummer though.

Raindog
    Free Member

I agreed to take over the excavation with the inspector yesterday – it’s entirely in my garden, not even on the path. I think they are taking the piss. I had an operation last week and I’m not in a position to be able to dig it out myself at the moment. The blokes who filled the hole in were puzzled too.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Utter, utter stupidity – Dee Valley Water’ is closed to new replies.