Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Utter scum bags
  • myti
    Free Member

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10151128527559957&id=511044956

3 Traveler thugs threaten and steal a couple’s rescue dog in Brighton.

This happened near where I live and walk my dog and it just cuts me to the core that people can behave this way.

Please share this far and wide single-track so Pip can get home to her family. She’s very distinctive.

angeldust
    Free Member

Yep, scum.

somafunk

Wasn’t going to open the Facebook link as it would only reinforce my initial impression after reading your post but yeah, I succumbed….utter scum – I wouldn’t loose any sleep in the slightest if the 3 accused were beaten to a complete pulp and left in a ditch

frankconway

I’m with soma; good news that Pip ‘may’ have been found.

jamj1974

Bastards!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Really hope the police take a proper interest in this.

If these sorts think this is a tactic they can get away with then things are going down hill very quickly for everyone.

Fingers crossed poor Pip makes it home unscathed very soon.

mattbee

My sister has 3 rescued ex race greyhounds. She often gets asked by guys with a particular accent about them & always says that they were retired because of leg breaks, that sort of thing so they are no good at running. (Not true of course, Kenny won loads of races & is still fast as hell despite being a bit old). It seems to put them off nicely, since they basically want them for hare coursing so if they can’t run they are useless.

dovebiker

We’ve had a couple of incursions locally of the “Irish Caravan Club”, generally they break into someones land, trash the place, petty crime and  generally thievery rockets in the area. Their latest wheeze is to buy an ex-utilities vehicle, park up in a quiet close, lift up a drain cover or manhole and wait until someone leaves their house. Creates a lively discussion on the local FB group, including those who accuse others of “tarring with the same brush” “racism” and so forth…I just wish they’d ****-off and die to use their language. Anyone need some tarmac doing?

DirtyLyle
    Free Member

Am I being thick, where does it say they were travelers?

sobriety
    Free Member

If you read the post, the three lads who piled out of the 4×4 to steal the dog claimed to be, in order the threaten the owner.

Which is a statement about how that community is perceived to be beyond the law in itself.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Pip has been found and is back with her owners. 🙂

singletrackmind

Mate linked  to a Fast Ford  forum about a Cossie  that  got nicked . Was towed away in a trailer, nose out ,by  a pair of white ‘utilities vehicles’/. I mean everyone knows you  trailer a car with the engine forward to help with nose wheel  weight. amateurs .

angeldust
    Free Member

Pip has been found and is back with her owners.

Excellent 🙂

myti
    Free Member

Good news for once!

frankconway

Great news that Pip is now back at home. Any news about the arses who nicked the dog?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Really hope the police take a proper interest in this.

Sorry Onzadog but this won’t be happening. The cops & travellers don’t mix in any capacity.

Some pikeys rocked up & parked their caravans on the land next to the prison I worked in, a few years ago. The land was crown property, IE, was prison grounds. The police did naff all to move them on. They’ never be interested in a stolen dog.

Onzadog
    Free Member

It’s more the nature of how the dog was stolen that I find more bothersome than the thing being stolen.

Although stealing a dog is about as low as it gets.

takisawa2

The Fantastic news that Pip is home safe.

As for these thugs who masquerade as “travellers”, they must be as much of an annoyance & embarrassment to genuine traveller folk.

Sadly, they appear to be above the law in some cases. Police simply don’t have the resources to adequately deal with them.

The article goes on to say they eventually dumped the caravan locally. It sets a worrying precedent though, when even the Police won’t enter a travellers compound.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/cambridgeshire-police-find-stolen-caravan-hunt-too-risky-3b8nl0wlv

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Utter scum bags’ is closed to new replies.