Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • UST, fast and grippy? (rubber query)
  • boxelder

Apart from Crossmarks, what’s UST, fast rolling but reasonably grippy?
    Tyre recommendations please.

Joxster
    Free Member

Conti Rubber Queens

househusband

RQ’s are grippy, but I wouldn’t say that they are fast rolling – they are also a very large volume, tall tyre. What size do you have in mind, boxelder? Am currently running LUST Advantages, and they are way faster rolling than the RQ’s.

boxelder

2.1″s.
    I’m running 2.1 and 2.25 Advantages on tubed wheels at the moment and can’t decide whether they roll faster than they look like they should (if you know what I mean). Also they’re non LUST and I flatted the rear (2.1) first tubeless ride I tried. Admittedly this was the granite gnarl of McMoab.
    May go for a LUST 2.1″ rear and use the 2.25 front.
    Owt else?

mashiehood
    Free Member

try panaracer xc pro’s – i swear by them and CRC have a great deal on them at the moment. Also give Bontrager Jones a thought.

stratobiker
    Free Member

Having ridden both………..
    If you like crossmarks give Hutchinson Pirahnas a try, I think you’ll like ’em.

SB

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Geax saguaro – great tyre.

uplink
    Free Member

The thing is, grippy tyres – by their very nature – aren’t going to be the fastest rolling tyres in the world & vice versa

geetee1972
    Free Member

Uplink – sort of but it can roll fast when rolling in a straight line but be grippy when cornering on their outside edge.

You can also get multi-compound rubber with harder, faster rolling rubber on the centre with softer, grippier rubber on the edges for cornering.

uplink
    Free Member

Yeah – I realise that – I s’pose I was being a bit general

geetee1972
    Free Member

It’s Friday – nothing really matters now that the weekend is here and we can all go bike riding. Be as general as you like!

uplink
    Free Member

Friday it may be but I’m working till 10 – from home though
    So it’ll be a beer in about half an hour [it always feels good to drink during work time :-)] followed by another couple then I’ll see how grippy tyres are tomorrow

dobo
    Free Member

maxxis monorails are possibly the fastest gripiest tyres i’ve used, not quiet as fast as racing ralph but gripier, good in bends and a nice volume for 2.1 at not a bad weight.

i’m not using the ust version but do run them tubeless anyway and the walls dont leak.

nobby nics and ralph come ust and also check out some bonty tyres

kiwijohn

Monorails, do what it says on the tin.
    Not too heavy, not too sketchy, just right.
    I’m using the LUST version on Crossmax SL’s by the way

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘UST, fast and grippy? (rubber query)’ is closed to new replies.