Using Paypal Gift on the Classifieds – a word of warning!!

Home Forum Chat Forum Using Paypal Gift on the Classifieds – a word of warning!!

• This topic has 57 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by  Sam.
Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Using Paypal Gift on the Classifieds – a word of warning!!
  • Joe

Post his address on here…if its near the trails maybe one of us can pop by apres-ride.

neninja

Alexander Mackmin is the one on the right in his Norwood Paragon Cycle team kit. I wonder if the team secretary knows he’s a scammer?

Happy looking soul isn’t he.

Jujuuk68

Well, the guys on face book, so why not look at his friends list, particularly his girlfriend and parents, and ask them if they can persuade him to not get involved in a life of crime before you report him to the police for theft?

If they’re a decent sort, then they might just sort him out?

justatheory

What a cheery looking fellow

thedon

Go round there and take the phone back? You have his address FFS.

chunkymonkey

Would just like to put the record straight as the guy,eventually,got back to me and has since sent payment via a different PayPal account.

NOW is your time to pounce bk at him.
    Looks a reet oik!

retro83

perhaps you could use money claim online to get the cash back? no idea what they charge but i hear it’s fairly streamlined.

crush83

Out of interest then, what is the best/favoured method of payment in the classifieds?

i always insist on cheque if by post or cash on collection.

monkeyboyjc

From expriance Paypal is not safe for any sellers, gift, goods/services, regular ebay transaction, it doesnt matter.
    If the Buyer cants to do a charge back through their credit card they can. Paypal will always side with Visa/Mastercard – they’d rather keep them happy than one seller…. even if you have done everything in the seller T&C’s.
    However this doesn’t stop me using it on a regular baisis.

OP – one way you may be able to get your money back is by going to small claims court which in it self is no garrentee – even if you win you may never see your money. Alternatively go to the police, register the phone as stole (by deception) and get a crime number – then claim through you house/phone insutrance.

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

crush83 – Member

Out of interest then, what is the best/favoured method of payment in the classifieds?

i always insist on cheque if by post or cash on collection.

I’ve not owned a cheque book for 10+ years. You don’t think that’s a bit old fashioned ?

What about direct bank transfer ?

crush83

well after having my paypal account accessed by a third party, i dont trust it. bank transfer is ok just a faf. i have to have a chequebook as it is part of my job when i go overseas.

IMO there is too much reliance on tech these days. (in 28 BTW not 40 lol)

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

why is bank transfer a faf ? it’s instant mostly these days.

i’m 40, not 28 🙂

mudshark

Has this been resolved? I live near Dorking and know lots of roadies so maybe I can find out more.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Has this been resolved?

Hidden away on page 2:

chunkymonkey – Member
    Would just like to put the record straight as the guy,eventually,got back to me and has since sent payment via a different PayPal account.

mattythemod

At the very least you need to be posting who the perp is and also on their FS threads.

Agreed and that will be done but his forum activity is sporadic – yes that should of been a warning too, considering i have spent nearly 10 years trading on forums and had many postive transactions along with making some great mates this has left a little sour taste as i can guess i can whistle my money away unless i dispute the charge as it was funded by my Credit card .

Live and learn i guess .

Sam

It is an awful service , expensive and all the charges are on the seller on ebay for example and the buyer gets all the protection

Same as accepting credit cards then – more expensive but without a lot of onerous requirements and risks.

If you us PP gift then you have no protection as a seller. That is one of the things you are paying them for.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Using Paypal Gift on the Classifieds – a word of warning!!’ is closed to new replies.