Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Using a Track Pump with Joes No Flats.
  • KINGTUT
    Free Member

For the initial inflation, anyone successfully done it?

njee20
    Free Member

Always do it with Stan's, not tried Joe's.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Ah but you have UST wheels, this is with non UST.

thomthumb
    Free Member

yes.

soapy water is the key. make it with a big squirt of fairy liquid and a tiny amount of water. needs to be thick (think frothy peaks-like egg whites)

xc-steve
    Free Member

And use a brush to apply said soapy water, take the valve core out to get the initial seating. Good luck!

Rickos
    Free Member

Just pump dead fast! Whirling dervish stylee.

I have no idea if that would actually work.

molgrips
    Free Member

Can be done with Stans and Stans' own rims, but NOT with other rims in my experience!

foxyrider
    Free Member

Press down on the tyre to temporarily seat the bead against the rim (maybe get someone else) while your pumping 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

Ah but you have UST wheels, this is with non UST.

Not UST, but rims designed to run tubeless yes. I have however, been running Stan's and Eclipse tubeless systems for about 7 years on various rims without the need for a compressor, IME it's about tyre choice, and if the tyres are too loose putting another turn of tape under the rimstrip to bulk the rim out.

Woody
    Free Member

Never managed it with a track pump, although being a cheapskate I've only ever done it with ghetto tubeless.

It has always needed a (potentially) messy trip to the local garage for the initial pump/seating until I got hold of THESE. Makes life a whole lot easier and unless you plan on doing loads it's much cheaper than buying a compressor 😉

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Not UST, but rims designed to run tubeless yes. I have however, been running Stan's and Eclipse tubeless systems for about 7 years on various rims without the need for a compressor, IME it's about tyre choice, and if the tyres are too loose putting another turn of tape under the rimstrip to bulk the rim out.

I'm using DT 4.2D rims which are supposedly tubeless compatible if you use the DT kit, with Maxxis Aspen tyres which have pretty good rep for running tubeless.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Using a Track Pump with Joes No Flats.’ is closed to new replies.