Using a laptops DVD drive for transfer to Netbook

Home Forum Chat Forum Using a laptops DVD drive for transfer to Netbook

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Using a laptops DVD drive for transfer to Netbook
  • In short, yes you can, but it depends on the operating system as to how you do it, just use a network cable to connect both to a switch or just use wireless to connect to a router, share the DVD drive on the laptop and with a little bit of tinkering you should be able to see it from the netbook

Edit: actually why dont you just copy it to a USB stick as suggested below, hell of a lot easier, if its on a CD it cant be much more than 750MB anyway.

dmetcalfe

you could copy the files from the laptop drive on to a usb memory stick/removable hard drive and then put that in the notebook. or if they are both on a network you could share the dvd drive, and then use it from the notebook.

Premier Icon Chipbutty
    Subscriber

Im looking to get a Netbook. However, I would like to install Memory Map onto it. Could I use my laptops DVD/CD drive to transfer the disc data across? and what sort of lead would I need if its possible.

Dont want to buy a seperate DVD drive for Netbook as I'll only be using it mainly for surfing web.

Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Using a laptops DVD drive for transfer to Netbook’ is closed to new replies.