Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • User Car prices EY19/post Brexit
  • dooosuk
    Free Member

We’ve been limping along in our current car for the past couple of years. It won’t be passing its MOT next time around and isn’t worth spending any money on.

Therefore we’ll be in the market for a new family car £10-12k between now and the end of Jan.

So, post Brexit…will used car prices crash as dealers struggle to shift stock….or will prices be maintained/increase?

Anyone got a crystal ball?

ElShalimo

They could increase if we can no longer import cars at current prices.
    Once again the £ is falling and irrespective of the true exchange rates, the consumer is always shafted

Tallpaul
    Free Member

I doubt it will have much immediate impact. Longer term, it depends…

If the cost of new cars goes up due to import tariffs, this could make the used market stronger.

If the economy implodes, people may well stop making large purchases causing the used car market to slow.

Right now the used car market is pretty much a buyers market. If you go shopping at dealerships in the second half of September their will be plenty of sales staff getting twitchy about their quarterly sales bonus and desperate to make sales…

solamanda
    Free Member

Too long into the future but from October 2021 there will be an influx of used cars from the London ULEZ expansion.

perchypanther
    Free Member

What you want is the last of the V8 Interceptors.

Ideal for the post-Brexit wasteland.

footflaps

Cars post Brexit! How very optimistic..

tomhoward

If you are buying a car, prices will drop. If you are selling, they will rise.

(That statement is no less ridiculous than some of the shit being spouted by our current leaders…)

doris5000

If you are buying a car, prices will drop. If you are selling, they will rise.

This…! In April 2015 I took a 10-year fixed mortgage at 3.1% on the grounds that interest rates had been at historic lows for about 6 years already, and the economy must, at some point, start to recover.

One month later the Tories won the GE on a manifesto promise to hold an EU referendum….

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Too long into the future but from October 2021 there will be an influx of used cars from the London ULEZ expansion.

I’m not convinced.

1) People know about it so will be planning ahead. Any change will be spread over months and less noticeable.

2) At the moment it’s only london, so those used cars will just end up in car supermarkets all over the country, diluting any effect.

3) In 2021 euro 3 petrol cars will be at least 15.5 years old and euro 5 diesels 7 years old. So it’s going to be the bangernomics end of used petrol cars and 3rd owner diesels (assuming most of the people with a new-ish but not new car bought them as 3yr old ex lease cars and keep them for 3 years).

chewkw
    Free Member

Anyone got a crystal ball?

Post Brexit will be Japanese and Korean car market.

All cars will be Toyota like workhorse with automatic gear. 😅

I like Toyota me … ya not good looking but reliable and so long as they don’t stick a 1.3 “mini” turbo engine on all their medium size sedan they should be fine. More 1.6 engine will be better.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘User Car prices EY19/post Brexit’ is closed to new replies.