Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Useless vodafone
  • TheDoctor
    Free Member

Vodafone have put another number on my account Nd are refusing to take it off again, 😡 useless useless shower of ****

wwaswas

twitter’s the usual place for this sort of thing now if you put an ‘@’ in front of their name they’ll be very helpful 🙂

surfer
    Free Member

Vodafone… Bloody luxury. Arranged a company contract and renewed twice so 6 years in total for our UK group.
    Won over by lower costs and moved to EE about 6 weeks ago(we were starting to experience issues with Vodafone during last 6 months)
    Had more problems with EE in those 6 weeks than the 6 years with Vodafone!

jambalaya
    Free Member

@surfer you should have asked about EE in here first ! I can’t wait to switch to three mobile, just a couple more months now.

TheDoctor
    Free Member

Hmm have posted up on twitter, have also just noticed they have combined the bills as well, so I’m paying for both, I’m only 2months into MY new contract, wonder where I stand cancelling!

robdixon
    Free Member

can’t believe that EE can be worse than Vodafone unless it’s just for voice calls… voda’s data network is shockingly bad as the latest rootmetrics maps show (they are based on independent tests of tens of thousands of calls, texts and data sessions all over the uk).

The last chart on the bottom left on this link is a see of red and blank spaces – showing the huge areas of the UK where there’s only a 2g data network or no coverage at all – scroll left to right to compare with data for the other networks…

https://jmcomms.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/rootmetrics-coverage-june2014.jpg

core

Can confirm vodafone’s data network is abismal, I have vodafone for personal, and ee for work, though ee sucks at all sorts of other things, the data coverage blows vodafone away.

I can basically get good data signal in 2 towns, both 10 miles or more away from my house, elsewhere, it’s not worth trying to use generally. I’d move network, but vodafone’s phone signal is generally better than the others in this area, so it’s a catch 22.

Doesn’t help that my phone (Galaxy S3) is also shite, not registering on network an awful lot of the time, have had a new phone, and 4 sim cards now………..

jambalaya
    Free Member

@robdixon – so red dots are bad yes ? Interesting to see three, I have been running a mobile wifi device from them for a year to test out prior to switching and I’ve been very impressed hence confirming my decision to make the move. Thee 3G is very quick and in London I’ll get 4G for free with a suitable phone.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Who is the best to go with? It really does seem like trying to pick the best of a bad lot. My Vodafone contract is up in the next couple of months.

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

Our work contract is with EE. Pretty poor. Not great signal coverage across the UK (in my experience). My wife’s phone is currently with EE too – it’s my old contract that we have been running for years now. The only thing that is positive about EE is Orange Wednesdays. However, even that is not enough to keep us with EE once her contract expires later this year. Their tariff options are also pretty rubbish. Not impressed with them at all. When I got my first Orange contract many moons ago they were the underdog and were very competitive. Now, I think they are the worst of the lot in terms of value for money. Both my kids are on 3 and I have been generally very impressed with them. Their phones more often than not have coverage where Orange / EE don’t. All you can eat data plan. Free 4G now where it exists. And all for about 2/3 the price of wife’s EE contract. Guess where we are likely to be going with her new contract! 🙂

robdixon
    Free Member

@robdixon – so red dots are bad yes ?

just to clarify, the red dots on the bottom row of maps indicate areas where only a 2G signal is found. Blue indicates 3G, greeny blue is fast 3G (up to 20 meg ish), and dark blue indicates 4g. So on the vodafone map the sea of red and no colour at all shows the geographic area that only has 2G or no service at all.

molgrips
    Free Member

Our work contract is with EE. Pretty poor. Not great signal coverage across the UK (in my experience).

Funny that. For me, travelling between S Wales and the SE with both a Vodafone SIM and an EE one, EE kicks the crap out of Vodafone for data. Lovely 4G signal most places when Vodafone drops down to 2g half the time.

I also only pay £24/mo for unlimited minutes and texts and 2GB 4G data, with a free Lumia 920.

CountZero

The only thing that is positive about EE is Orange Wednesdays. However, even that is not enough to keep us with EE once her contract expires later this year.

You can use Orange Wednesdays without being on Orange/EE; I’ve been using it on my O2 iPhone with the Orange Wednesdays app, all you do is tap in a valid Orange/EE phone number and away you go.

scotroutes

Meanwhile, if you actually want to use the phone to talk to someone, EE coverage is shit and only O2 is anywhere close to Vodafone.

stumpy01

Thedoctor – get your account checked out with customer services.

I was with Vodafone when someone called them pretending to be me, changed my address, upgraded the contract to a top of the range one and ordered a new phone to be delivered to the new address.

First i knew of it was customer services ringing to check I was happy with my new phone and contract.
    Took a LOT of explaining that it wasn’t me that had changed the account and phone, hadn’t moved house etc.
    They refused to reinstate my previous contract and were pretty crap about the whole thing.
    While investigating they added a second PIN to my account and 2 security questions for me to answer whenever i called or they called me. They never once asked me those questions.

A right shower of turd.

molgrips
    Free Member

if you actually want to use the phone to talk to someone

What? You can do that?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Useless vodafone’ is closed to new replies.