Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Useful modification to Hope HT2 BB (IMHO)
  • GasmanJim
    Free Member

I’ve been distinctly unimpressed with the plastic spacers supplied with these BBs to allow the one model to be fitted to various width BBs. As soon as the adapters are tightened up above maybe 20nm the spacers squirm over each other and distort. Not exactly reassuring on a componenet at this price is it? I’ve bought some decent aluminium spacers from a company called Velo Solo (formerly London Fixie) which allow tightening-up to a decent 40+nm. Cost is about £7 via their web shop. Shame on Hope for being cheapskates. Personally I think they should make the centre tube available in different lengths for different BB shell widths or at least provide decent aluminium not plastic spacers. Never had this problem with Royce BBs…

z1ppy

why didn’t you just put out a “wtd” ad for some shimano spacers? (also metal)

fontmoss
    Free Member

LOL

STATO
    Free Member

Ive never bothered fitting the center plastic tube (i dont jet wash my bikes and drain water from the frame after i clean them) and ive never squished a plastic spacer by over tightening. The cups dont need to be in that tight, at least not in my experience, the ones on my SS, DH and commute bikes all seem to be fine anyway (as a side note, campagnolo suggest you only screw their cups in hand tight!). Me thinks you are a ham fisted oaf good sir ;0)

nickc

Why do you want to tighten the cups over 40nm?

njee20
    Free Member

I’m with STATO and nickc! They don’t need to be anywhere near that tight IMO.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Useful modification to Hope HT2 BB (IMHO)’ is closed to new replies.