Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Used bike market ATM?
  • bowglie

I’m not getting along with a bike I bought earlier this year and was planning on maybe selling it in the spring next year. However, I’ve just seen a potential replacement at the LBS – but realistically I’d have to sell my current bike now. My gut feeling is that it’s a bad time of year to sell at the moment, and I’d be better hanging on until next spring.

What does the hive reckon?

zerocool

If you wait then there’s pretty much 100% chance that what’s in the LBS will be gone. And the market seems to be ok at the moment. Once been selling stuff off without any problem recently.

iainc

I have been trying to sell a nearly new mid range mid sized road bike for a month or so with no sniffs at all, so going to leave it to Spring and readvertise it then.

gazzab1955

I’ve seen loads of nearly new bikes on the “Buy and Sell cycling stuff in the south west” FB group, mostly stating bought last year now not being used!

bowglie

Hmm…in an ideal world I’d stick the new bike on a zero interest card and sell my existing in spring, but somehow I don’t think this’d go down well with the OH (not exactly in her good books just now….nothing to do with me owing her £1500 for my existing bike..ahem🥴)

hardtailonly

Hmm…in an ideal world I’d stick the new bike on a zero interest card and sell my existing in spring, but somehow I don’t think this’d go down well with the OH (not exactly in her good books just now….nothing to do with me owing her £1500 for my existing bike..ahem🥴)

Well, it wouldn’t be proper STW if we didn’t ask you to tell us what you don’t like about your current bike, and we’ll all give you advice about that rather than answer your original question?

So, what have you got. And why aren’t you getting on with it?

superstu
    Free Member

As ever things sell fine if photos are good and it’s priced to sell. The covid tax that saw nearly new prices for second hand bikes seems to have mostly gone.

In all my years of bikes I’ve never found seasonality and time of year making much difference at all. Maybe I’m wrong 🤷‍♂️

TheBrick
    Free Member

Go on put so e details down here (size location as well as make model year)

bowglie

Well, it wouldn’t be proper STW if we didn’t ask you to tell us what you don’t like about your current bike, and we’ll all give you advice about that rather than answer your original question? So, what have you got. And why aren’t you getting on with it?

Ha ha, yes well, it’s a Santa Cruz Tallboy (CC X01, large). I live in the Tweed Valley and for most of the trails in Glentress and milder trails at Innerleithen, the bike is an absolute ripper. Only problem is when I go straying the onto rougher trails. The geometry is good on steep stuff, but the suspension is s bit too ‘feedback rich’ for my old body. Nothing wrong with the performance of the suspension, it’s just that I could do with more of it!

devash
    Free Member

Same situation here. Eyeing up a Transition Spur and sadly the wife saw the price as I was browsing one day. If I buy one I might have to keep it at a mate’s house.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

might have to keep it at a mate’s house.

Risky, he might give into temptation.

Best leave the bike there instead 😄

oikeith

Ha ha, yes well, it’s a Santa Cruz Tallboy (CC X01, large)

If its the v4, I dont think you’ll have any issues selling it unless you overprice it.

chakaping
    Free Member

Ha ha, yes well, it’s a Santa Cruz Tallboy (CC X01, large). I live in the Tweed Valley….

You need two bikes mate, otherwise why bother living there?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Used bike market ATM?’ is closed to new replies.