Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • USB flash drive / memory stick recommendations
  • alanf
    Free Member

Does anyone have any recommendations for a USB flash drive or ones to avoid?
    There are loads about so just wondering what are good, bad, ugly, useless etc…
    Oh, and if there’s a bargain to be had, that would be good too.
    EDIT: looking at 32/64/128 GB

alanf
    Free Member

Anyone offer advice, or even just what makes are good or are they all pretty robust these days?

Ishouldbeworking
    Free Member

I’ve had a 32gb Sandisk blade for about 2 years, no problems, just bought the same in 64gb as I ran out of room

chvck
    Free Member

Generally, the better quality ones will do better data transfer speeds than the lower quality ones IME.

alanf
    Free Member

Thanks guys – I’ve been looking at the sandisk versions which seem to get good reviews so will probably go down that route unless anyone can recommend anything better?

treaclesponge
    Free Member

SanDisk have always been pretty reliable for me, got one of their 32GB USB 3.0 sticks and its fast and no frills.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’ve been given so many as freebies over the years that I’ve never seen the need to buy one!

DezB
    Free Member

Definitely Kingston. We’ve been given some 32GB ones at work and they are superb.
    Look like this

jam-bo

I’ve been given so many as freebies over the years that I’ve never seen the need to buy one!

i cleared my desk out recently and found about 30 of various shapes and sizes.

not used one though since the advent of dropbox

stumpy01

I’ve got a Kingston Data Traveller (DTSE9). It’s a bit more expensive than some USB drives, but it is very neat & compact. I’ve got it on my keyring and it’s barely noticeable.
    It’s got a metal casing and the keyring loop is built into the case, so is not likely to break.

carlphillips
    Free Member

cookey

linky

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘USB flash drive / memory stick recommendations’ is closed to new replies.