Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • USA Car Hire "all inclusive"
  • irc

I’m looking at a USA fly/drive. On the BA website the car hire quote says

Inclusive car rental
    Your rental price INCLUDES – Unlimited mileage, One way fee, Local Tax, CUSTOMER FAC FEE, STATE SURCHARGE, VEH. LICENSE FEE, Additional Liability Insurance (ALI), Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)
    Your rental price EXCLUDES – Young Driver Surcharge, $10.00 EXTENSION FEE MAY APPLY, $10.00 LATE FEE MAY APPLY

So am I correct that I can refuse all efforts by staff at pickup to sell me extras as I’m covered for anything that matters?

Cougar

Yes, they’ve already seen you coming so no further sales pitches should be necessary. (-:

tonyg2003

Statnav, fuel fill up, roadside assistance, dab radio. There may be other things that they will try to sell you. Mainly an upgrade.

I’m about 1/3 of my time in the US and hire a lot of cars!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    footflaps

Was in the US last week and found the iPhone map app was way better than the car’s built in sat nav.

What was even more impressive was it worked with roaming turned off. I loaded the route in the airport on free wifi, set it going and the whole thing worked from the cache once we’d left the airport.

irc

Thanks for all replies.

I’ve no smartphone so may hire a USA satnav before I go. £21 on ebay.

I’ll check out the fuel thing and roadside assistance. Not bothered about DAB radio. Roadside assistance already included.

kjcc25
    Free Member

The roadside assistance extra is for flat tyre, key replacement and flat battery etc. car breakdowns will be covered.

somouk
    Free Member

The SAT NAV is useful if you’re heading out of cities.

The fuel is also something to watch but generally if you’re dropping the car at an airport opt to fill it yourself as there is normally a garage just outside the airport and it’s cheaper.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘USA Car Hire "all inclusive"’ is closed to new replies.