Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 131 total)
  • US Masters
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yeah it’s an optical illusion, doesn’t look anything like that if you’re stood there watching.

I get that…just wondering what’s going on…is it something that happens as a 3D thing is transferred over to the 2D of a TV screen? Just looks so weird as it happens on the screen and then the camera shot flips to the ball dropping somewhere on the green when it looked from behind that it was going to land in the scorers hut. 🙂

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Double post

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Would be good to see Dustin and Jason blitz the back 9 to make it fun tomorrow. We need to have 4-5 genuine winners up there to make it fun tomorrow.

Keep flipping between BBC and SKY, they are out of synch but neither is ahead all the time

Pity Rory missed that one – eck and the one back

Houns

I shall speak to those in my family who know a lot more (2 pro golfers) and get back to you, there has to be a technical term for the illusion

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

C’mon Jason

Houns

Right, it’s all to do with the camera. As the camera isn’t in line (due to players not wanting it in their field of vision) plus the telephoto lens (again long lens so camera can be set back away from players) it distorts the picture. Best thing is to watch the ball tracer (haven’t flicked over to sky to see if they have this).

They then went on to say “unless you’re watching Bubba then it is heading that way and not an illusion”

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

DD – lots of stuff on your question on google (the tax dodgers)

If only I could putt like Speith –

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

C’mon Jason ^ 2

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Thanks Houns.

They then went on to say “unless you’re watching Bubba then it is heading that way and not an illusion”

😆

mefty
    Free Member

An old lawyer of mine played a social round with Faldo – who played two balls a fade ball and a draw ball, went round in 7 under on the draw and 6 under for the fade.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Langer for Ryder Cup team? 😉

Agree with sKY team about his putting style though !!!!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Rory, oh Rory 🙁

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

All going a bit to shit for Rory. 😐

In other news, I could swear Dustin Johnson is being caddied by his clone.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Spieth. 😯

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Crikey – getting a bit interesting now.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Take it back, I can putt like Spieth 😉

DD did you see Johnson’s tee shot into 16 – looked way off right!!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

looked way off right!!

You see, it’s all to do with the long lens on the camera thm. Optical illusion apparently… 🙂

(unless it’s my Uncle Eamon)

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

…and curvature of the lens!

‘kin ell he holes another one and Rory misses 🙁

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Matsuyama – nice. But Spieth immediately gets one back.

Think it’ll be close tomorrow. Sense Rory’s out of it now unless he can pull something crazy in the next few. He’s not looking great today.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Lovely from Spieth on the last one there. One wonders if he’s won it today? I know the leaders had the best of the conditions but his round, given the pin positions and earlier conditions has been masterful. To get back to -6 after the double bogey. Just brilliant. Let’s see how he finishes. Rory’s been having a ‘mare.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I don’t watch enough golf these days to know whether anyone chasing has what it really takes to win so I am tempted to agree Speith may have won it today

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I am tempted to agree Speith may have won it today

Think we spoke too soon, or in my case, fell asleep before the terrible final hole. 🙂

I suppose looking at the chasing pack…I’d say maybe Day or Johnson might be in with a shout. Hope Langer puts in a good round too. I think the forecast was for much calmer & sunny conditions today.

deepreddave
    Free Member

Go Danny Willett as he’s my ‘best bet’. Spieths round was nothing short of fabulous given his driving and leading for a seventh consecutive Masters round. He’s not home yet though.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Think we spoke too soon,

Indeed, I’d suggest we keep quiet and see what happens Sunday as we may get away with it 🙂

@deep Speith’s round was an advert for “not how, but how many”

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

(Typically) the masters starts on Sunday afternoon and the back nine – although an eagle at 8 is going to make a difference today.

Day is the best shot of toppling Speith. Johnson could produce some fireworks but not sure his short game is good enough right now.

Would love to see Langer pull it off but expect him to fade to a creditable 75 today.

Go Danny for the dark horse on the rails. But in the end, Speiths putting may well be the difference.

deepreddave
    Free Member

@jam true enough but only the very best can make birdies there under that pressure whilst hitting it so far right off the tee. He did get lucky a few times but still recovered brilliantly on a day when most failed to break par. If some of the chasers get out to a good start and Spieth doesn’t it could be a great finish.

BoardinBob

What a weekend of sport.

Masters, boxing last night, WC earlier, Leicester and spurs and now a cracking night of golf ahead

Rockape63
    Free Member

I’m just so relieved I can watch it on the Beeb instead of Sky. I get driven to distraction ‘trying’ to watch it on Sky with all the breaks and adverts along with Monty umming and arring and Harmon saying stuff like ‘Good on ya Rosey!

Anyway, Speith still the man to beat, but he got a bit lucky yesterday and that might run out tonight. I backed Day at the outset which might have ruined his chances but would love to see him win. Can’t imagine Westwood will stay in the top ten.

Go Bernhard!

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’m going to put a fiver on Clint Eastwood.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Johnson could produce some fireworks but not sure his short game is good enough right now.

Should have been precise and said putting – three chances missed already

Would love to see Langer pull it off but expect him to fade to a creditable 75 today.

Stand by that. Missed putts again

Speiths putting may well be the difference.

True so far. Hope it’s not a procession

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Dustin, sort your putting out please!!!!!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Crikey – another wild shot off the tee from Spieth. How’s he getting away with it?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Putting

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well, yeah, like duh…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ha…just saw the interview with Lowry and his hole-in-one. Didn’t know where he was from, but pleased that I can still pin an Irish accent to a county. 😀

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

See what I mean…..?

(Meanwhile Dustin fi ally holes one – pity about the double in the previous hole – danger that this could be too easy for Speith)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I don’t know what “…..” means.

Chasers should be putting such wayward tee-shots under more pressure. That tee shot looked like it went into the trees but he was left with an easy pitch onto the green. Lucky fecker. 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Aphibarnrat looks like the farmer’s been untidy with his grain storage. Lovely putt there though.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Flipping between channels, not sure who is worse Cotter (lightweight on golf) or Monty (tendency to sound like an arse)

Team Hurtmore – Member 
    (Typically) the masters starts on Sunday afternoon and the back nine – although an eagle at 8 is going to make a difference today.

Is this Dustin’s eagle on 8 – edit BLLX

Another Speith “PUTT”

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

“Like listening to Willie Nelson sing…” 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 131 total)

The topic ‘US Masters’ is closed to new replies.