Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 131 total)
  • US Masters
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Great leader board on D1

Good show from the Brits too

(althought the lovely Samantha Barks on ITV did pull me away for a bit)

Roll on Sunday evening

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Wrong forum.

BoardinBob

Favourite sporting weekend of the year. I’m not a golfer but the masters is special. Speith out the blocks fast. Ominous. Rory looking mixed. Looking forward to a great weekend of sport

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Oops, don’t think I can move it.

Shame Day just stuck it in the water on 16

Don’t want Speith to have it too easy – god he can put!!!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Mods will move it (reported)

Wonderful event. Gary Player 80 (his age not his score) hit a hole in one during the par-3 event, he was playing with Watson and Nicklas. What a treat.

chipps

Fixed 😉

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Thx chipps – sorry!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Just seen Ernie Ells 7 put the first green from 2 feet ouch 😯

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Ela was shocking

Day’s finish was pretty shocking too

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Masters used to be special, but now it’s only on council telly.

Pigface
    Free Member

No surprise to see Jamba and THM on a golf thread 😆 😉

Fight the system

BoardinBob

Masters used to be special, but now it’s only on council telly

It’s on Sky and BBC

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

You are a charmer pig face, aren’t you.

Pigface
    Free Member

Yes, I like to thinks so 😆

Now don’t be going and having a sense of humour failure, in my mind the two most vociferous posters who I imagine would most fit into my preconceived notions of golf club people are you and Jamba 😆

I may be totally wrong. 😆

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

SOH failure??? Don’t worry, as cougar said recently, you come here for bikes and stay for the bullshit, including yours 😉

Funnily enough, still have a single figure handicap but prefer to ride a bike than play golf. Even let my membership recently. Am going up to St Andrews in a few weeks though, shot a 78 last time out in November and haven’t played since.

I don’t think that Jamba is a golfer, but I will ask when I see him next week.

I don’t want to wish “bad” on anyone but I hope the masters is not another procession. If Speith continues to put like yesterday it may well become one.

Pigface
    Free Member

you come here for bikes and stay for the bullshit, including yours

ditto 😆

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

True, but I get considerably better VFM

Pigface
    Free Member

🙄 dont judge everybody by your own standards 😆

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Fine, always happy to lower them as appropriate.

Anyway, this is a golf thread….

Pigface
    Free Member

Fore…………

scandal42
    Free Member

Absolutely love the Masters, a rare event where the atmosphere and beauty of the place really does cross over on the TV.

I’m truly hoping someone can make a game of it, preferably Rose as he’s my main bet this year. 🙂

I love the traditions on show, the respect for people have achieved in the past, I think it’s done really tastefully here.

My weekend will consist of

Masters tonight with a bottle of red
    build bike tomorrow and watch masters in the afternoon and evening
    Go to the Leicester match on Sunday (Sunderland away 7am start)
    drive home listening to Utd hopefully beat spurs
    Get my feet up ready for the final of the Masters with a couple of stouts
    Monday off work so might head over to Cannock

Lovely stuff

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Tough day for Spieth. McIlroy back nibbling at his heels. Should be a good ding dong tomorrow.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Thats a bit of a relief, the way he started it was starting to look like a procession

Sunday afternoon – the back nine….can’t wait.

Pig face will be entertained to know that tennis (and mtb) before then…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Around 48 hours-ish from now, we should be seeing the green jacket going on the winner. Hope there are plenty of contenders come Sunday morning.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@Pigface @tmh is a very good all round sportsman, I believe his golf is exceptional – I say believe as he is far too good for me to play a round with him. I would not put him through it. Its a wonderful game @pigface which gives you the ability to play on the same “pitch/field/course” as the best in the world and at some wonderful locations. Its a game of great skill, respect and honesty – perhaps unique in that respect

Sadly not sure I’ll get to see final holes on Sunday, depends on when we get back from the Rugby

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

You are too kind jambas – did have a quick nine holes late afternoon yesterday and was level after 6 and then three sloppy bogeys (one a three putt) – still not bad as first knock since St Andrews in November!!

Tennis was fun this morning too!!

I actually switched off the golf last nigh when Spieth was -8 and we watched HIGNFY and Graham Norton instead. so it was a nice surprise to see the leaderboard this morning. I need to see clip of Rory on 16 appparently

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

@tmh is a very good all round sportsman

I have a mate like that, except maybe his sense of balance is a bit suspect compared to the rest of it.

He would have been a Sussex county squash player if he had kept at it – another friend who was Surrey under nineteens champ would go and watch him as his style was so good, but wouldn’t play him as there was a gap in abilities.

Couldn’t bend his right thumb back as his hand was almost a formed grip from so much racket sports.

Sussex colts cricketer and his golf benefitted from it – used to shoot sub-10 rounds borrowing my dads old clubs which were pinsplitters from the 60s, bladed and very heavy as Dad was a big guy, plus the lie was wrong as well due to the height difference.

Depressing in some ways.

Klunk
    Free Member

it’s going to be real tough today the wind is really blowing (don’t ever remember it ever being this strong ! )

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

TG what Jambas kindly forget to mention is that I am a mincer on a MTB!!!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

TG what Jambas kindly forget to mention is that I am a mincer on a MTB!!!

It might be that dodgy sense of balance, like my mate.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

it’s going to be real tough today the wind is really blowing (don’t ever remember it ever being this strong ! )

As long as they hit the ball on the third groove up they should be alright in the wind…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Twenty minutes to Spieth and McIlroy teeing off. How’s the wind at the moment?

Klunk
    Free Member

seems to be easing up quite a lot

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

🙂

Houns

YES WE KNOWBTHE GREENS ARE FAST, THEYRE FAST EVERY YEAR, IT’S WHAT AUGUSTA IS KNOWN FOR, STOP COMMENTING ABOUT THEM 😡

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Is Speith just playing with us? Swing looks a little off but boy can he hole clutch puts

So many others watching puts just slide by

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Bit of a question regarding the telly footage…don’t know if anyone has ever noticed this.

Just watching coverage of some shots on a par 3. The camera shot from behind the golfer as he tees off show the ball heading off diagonally to the right. It’s bizarre – it looks like it’s a wild slice of a shot. I realise there will be a certain amount of draw on quite a few shots but is there some kind of optical illusion going on?

Houns

Yeah it’s an optical illusion, doesn’t look anything like that if you’re stood there watching.
    To confuse the brain more, shots on par 3’s usually hit with a fade (obvs wind and pin position dependent)

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Generally yes, although mini THM was watching Woods at Muiirfiled a couple of years ago and told me he thought woods had shanked one but was hitting a mega hook into a par 3

Willet is having a good go….

Houns

Ha pretty much opposite to what i’ve seen though never seen woods play or any events since the mid 90’s

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 131 total)

The topic ‘US Masters’ is closed to new replies.