Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • US equivalent of STW?
  • Tiboy

Hi, I know there are US posters on here, so maybe I can get some pointers…

We have moved to Western Massachusetts and have got lots of good local riding, but I’ve struggled to find an equivalent to the STW forum for the US, and a US based used bike source.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

crankinirish
    Free Member

Mtbr regional forums. I’ve been here 11 years now, mostly in Colorado but recently moved to Asheville NC, the riding is awesome, enjoy! Don’t expect the same patter as STW though, this is America after all.

underthethumb
    Free Member

Here in the Florida mountains seems the forums died off, most banter, advice, classifieds and even trip planning is done through the local trails Facebook pages. It’s a friendly crowd with a hint a sarcasm, lots a genuine advice along with some brutal slagging if you deserve it and every blue moon an absolute cracker of a thread that’ll keep going for weeks – just like a fledgling STW

Tiboy

thanks both, I’ll have a look at the mtbr forums, and consider joining facebook.

Florida mountains are an area I’d not even heard of, though looks beautiful, what the riding like?

crankinirish
    Free Member

Pink bike and mtbr for used bikes too. Craigslist can be good too depending on the area you live in.

Kryton57

STDubyah?

IGMC.

underthethumb
    Free Member

Florida mountains are subjective, flat as they come in Miami where I am, improves a bit in North Florida but you need to drive to the Carolinas with cranknirish to get some real hills

Though they make up for it with riding 365 days a year, a healthy race scene and a huge base of riders to find someone on the trails any hour of the day just riding or trail building

jwray

Ridemonkey ?

Could be a little west coast biased.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘US equivalent of STW?’ is closed to new replies.