Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Urghh – I suddenly feel very old :(
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

Eldest daughters’ full driving licence has just arrived and it expires in February 2070!
    My current licence expires in 2022

🙁

Edit: No, wait mine is 2033……. feeling better now – might go for a run!

wwaswas

My son’s 21 in 2 weeks.

When I was 21 my Dad seemed like an old man. And now I’m him.

spawnofyorkshire

Careful going out running with that dodgy hip

doris5000

Edit: No, wait mine is 2033

forgot the reading glasses? 😉

P-Jay
    Free Member

Nothing like the brutal efficacy of numbers to remain us how mortal we are.

I’ve got a countdown app on my phone – it shows things I’m looking forward to, Spring is 106 days, BST starts in 130, First WC is 158 etc.

I used to have one to 40, it started at 1k-ish days and has passed now, doesn’t feel like 3 years since it started.

I had to fill out a *thing* the other day for pensions and insurance, it gave me an estimated ‘death day’ based on a few health questions etc – so great news, if I avoid being hit by a bus etc I’ll die in 15,006 days, which is a lot, but as the last 1150 or so passed in a about a fortnight in relative time, I’ll be 81.5 years old and shitting my pants for the last time before I know it.

Happy Thoughts Everyone.

jekkyl

where’s me slippers?

Esme
    Free Member

Much better than the alternative . . .

woody2000

When I was 21 my Dad seemed like an old man

When I was 21 my Dad WAS an old(ish) man (60). He’s even bloody older now! 🙂

When my eldest is 21, I’ll be nearly 60. I’ll be retired when my youngest is 21 (yeah, right!)

nick1962
    Free Member

Was chatting at work with colleagues who do the same job as me the other day about retiring early in the next couple of years or so.They didn’t seem that interested because the earliest they can retire is 2058,providing the retirement age isn’t increased again!

wwaswas

When I was 21 my Dad WAS an old(ish) man (60).

I’m 51. Which feels quite old enough (and my Dad was within a year or two of this when I was 21).

doris5000

I had to fill out a *thing* the other day for pensions and insurance, it gave me an estimated ‘death day’ based on a few health questions etc – so great news, if I avoid being hit by a bus etc I’ll die in 15,006 days, which is a lot, but as the last 1150 or so passed in a about a fortnight in relative time, I’ll be 81.5 years old and shitting my pants for the last time before I know it.

in this book he talks about celebrating your 10,000th, 20,000th etc day on earth. You hit 10,000 days at around 27 years old, and I thought that would be a nice anniversary to mark.

then all a sudden I was 30 and had completely missed it. Oh well. 15K coming up in a few years…

TiRed

When I was 21 my Dad seemed like an old man. And now I’m him.

Mine had been dead 15 years, so thankfully I’m not him! I’m older than the median age of my family (parents and siblings) 🙁

Eldest is 21 soon. I’m miles faster and fitter than he is 😈

grumpysculler
    Free Member

They didn’t seem that interested because the earliest they can retire is 2058,providing the retirement age isn’t increased again!

<pedant> The retirement age isn’t moving, just the state pension age (followed by locking the age to access your pension to be 10 years earlier). You can retire when you want to, as long as you can fund it </pedant>

miketually
    Free Member

When I was 21 my Dad seemed like an old man

When I was 21 my Dad WAS an old(ish) man (60).[/quote]

When I was 21, my dad was 39.

I’m 40 now.

funkmasterp

I’ll be 58 when the eldest is 21 and 61 when the new arrival hits it. I feel about 400 at the moment 😥

jambalaya
    Free Member

My eldest will be 30 next year. Sarted young not finished yet 😉

P-Jay
    Free Member

funkmasterp – Member
    I’ll be 58 when the eldest is 21 and 61 when the new arrival hits it. I feel about 400 at the moment

I think the best bit about having a baby is that after 3,6, 9 months or whatever, when you feel about 400 and are looking forward to the sweet embrace of death and they finally start sleeping properly it’s how you sleep for 8 hours on the bounce and awake the next morning feeling your old self again.

Which of course is bobbings, you think you will, but in reality you just stop feeling like your in a bubble but the extra decades you feel you added to your wrecked carcass remain.

Dickyboy

My eldest will be 30 next year. Started young not finished yet

Me too, although I finished over 23yrs ago… just waiting for the grandchildren to start appearing now…

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

My eldest will be 30 also next year, my youngest is 23 and no more for us, quite happy thank you , and we now have a fab 2.5 yr old grand daughter who is hard work , but amazing at the same time , they all make me feel old , real old ! … 50 next year 🙁

mtbmaff
    Free Member

My first two are 30 and 27 yrs, I’m 58, my second pair are 5 and 3 yrs, I’ll have just had my 73rd birthday when the youngest hits 18 yrs

miketually
    Free Member

When I was 21, my dad was 39.

Apparently I’ve lost the ability to do sums and/or remember things. My mam was 39, my dad was 48.

fossy

My son recently got his license – 17 tomorrow. Driving lessons next. He has a savings policy that comes up in about 18 months that should buy him a nice used car, but we’ve said he needs to have a part time job to afford the insurance first !!

sharkbait
    Free Member

[OT]Just cost us about £600 in lessons/test, and £1085 for the insurance – it turns out that a cheap used car = higher insurance cost than a more expensive used car. They get you one way or the other! [/OT]

choppersquad
    Free Member

I always feel old (46) when filling out online forms with the drop-down box with your birth year in.
    It now takes a while to scroll down to 1970.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Urghh – I suddenly feel very old :(’ is closed to new replies.