Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Urgentish Manchester: 27.2 seatpost
  • hora
    Free Member

Does anyone have one to lend/borrow or sell?

My saddles **** and I cant get it off to refit the replacement as the seatpost bolts are rounded- help!

weeksy

Halfords ?

iolo
    Free Member

Evans?

IHN

Wanted forum?

Junkyard
    Free Member

not that close to manchester but I have one you can borrow if no one closer steps in – I assume buying a cheapo one will cost less than getting to mine though

toxicsoks
    Free Member

I’ve got an old Easton post that you could have (think it’s a 330mm E30) – it’s lost a bit of anodising but is otherwise OK. Fly in ointment is that I’m in Leeds…… 😐

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Ham-fisted ape with ‘****’ saddle and rounded bolts wants to borrow kit :mrgreen:

gogg
    Free Member

My LBS has raceface with free delivery.

gonzy
    Free Member

i’ve got a spare m-part seatpost if you’re interested. its 27.2mm and 400mm long.

banks
    Free Member

Got one, but who says you won’t round these bolts too…

funkrodent

I’ve got a couple if you need one. Happy to lend. Work in the centre of Manchester, live in Sale. You can email me on ben@pack-net.co.uk or give me a bell on 07950700740. Cheers

hora
    Free Member

The Thomson elite post is very very old but lots of life in it- I think its a lifetime of adjusting the bolts/saddle angle for the parade of replacement frames (angles) thats done them in 😀

Gonzy I think you are the closest?? whereabouts are you? I only need it until I get the old bolts out. I’ve also got a carbon post/saddle somewhere -turned the place upside down and cant find it anywhere.

MartynS

Black, straight Thompson 27.2 x 410
    Scratched where I twisted it into a frame but covered very well with black marker!!
    £30-35…..
    You ‘ll have my email somewhere!!

gonzy
    Free Member

Hora – based in north manchester or can bring it to work with me (near city centre) email in profile

if you ned a saddle to replace that tatty thing you’ve currently got i have a spare wtb rocket v and a fizik nisene knocking about

I think theres one in my shed at our old place in Sale you can have, except we’re living 240 miles away now. We’ve got house-sitters in who would be fine to let you in, as long as I let them know to expect a Benny Hill-alike 😀

woody2000

If you’re in Hudds any time soon, I’ve got one you can borrow Mark

CalamityJames
    Free Member

You could cut through one bolt, releasing tension in the other. Order two replacement bolts from CRC and pay for next day delivery? All fixed by tomorrow lunchtime.

EDIT. Here:
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/thomson-elite-nut-bolt-washer-set/rp-prod14349

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Urgentish Manchester: 27.2 seatpost’ is closed to new replies.