Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Urgent child passport woes
  • mildred

Aaaaagghhhhh..!!!!

We’ve just discovered our sons passport has run out and we’re travelling Friday. We completely forgot kids passports are shorter duration.

Passport office have changed their policy and they’ll only do a 1 week fastrack turnaround & im told I can’t sit & wait for kids passports any longer. Ive got an appointment for Monday morning.

Has anyone had any luck getting it back within a week. All our travel, hotel, ski lessons etc. rely on travelling on Friday. I feel beyond physically sick and can’t stop shaking. Please – any good news/experience will be welcomed.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I am the village passport applications signer, and have done plenty of them in the same circumstances you’re in, and they’ve always been fine in the end.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Feel your pain. We had this a couple of years ago – waiting for an Irish passport when they were snowed under with post-Brexit vote applications. Booked appointment at Newport like you, went with paperwork and had his passport back well within a week – think maybe it was a couple of days. Just make sure you’ve quadruple checked everything so that the application is approved there and then. Good luck!

mildred

😭😭😭

mildred

Not likely, I’ve had to match faces to passports every time we’ve travelled. Also, his passport will have the corner snipped following my Monday appointment.

I feel like I’ve thrown thousands of £ down the loo.

hot_fiat

I think you should be ok. They’re pretty good at getting them back now. I’ve had regular applications back within a week. Obviously pay for the fastest courier you can.

poolman
    Free Member

I was on holiday in UK 2 years ago at Christmas, uk passport holder but live abroad. Anyway I damaged my passport it got wet in the rain. So sent it off for replacement…couldnt believe it it came back about 3 days later.

Hope it works out for you

mildred

Thanks everyone – managed to stop vomiting 🤮

noshki

Had my passport replaced two weeks ago by the normal route. Online application and photo submitted Thursday morning and a new passport arrived the following Thursday. It might be the passport offices are quiter as everyone plans to renew when they can get a blue one. Maybe.

The system does a good job of letting you know what is happening. They acknowleged receipt of my old passport on the Monday 8.32 although it had actually been signed for on the Friday. The application and photo were approved on Tuesday 20.02 and the new passport was sent out Wed 10.08.
    Haven’t cleared the text messages yet!

Child passports coming for us in the past have usually only taken slightly over a week, using the regular route.

Good luck!

DezB
    Free Member

Once they’d cleared my photo, it took only 2 days for my new passport to arrive (this was last week of January). The one week fast track must be worst case. You’ll be ok. If not, email your flight/hotel details over and they won’t be wasted 😉

northshoreniall

Got baby’s 1st passport within 4 days of passport office appointment last year. Excellent service, would think a 1st passport take longer than renewal so should be fine.

ads678

We renewed my son’s online a couple of weeks ago.

As above once photo had been approved we had it back in a few days. Great service. Reckon you’ll be good.

revs1972
    Free Member

If all else fails , i believe Macaulay Culkin did some sort of survival guide video back in the early 90’s 😉

duncancallum

Leave him behind. He needs a life lesson

dooosuk
    Free Member

Not to put too much of a dampner on things but we’re mid renewal of a child passport that expired last year.

Current status is:

Application history

Application being processed 12:47pm on 4 February 2020
    Documents received 11:49am on 4 February 2020

So we’ve still not been cleared after 3.5 days of processing and the photo was pre approved before submitting.

Good luck!

mildred

Thanks for the encouragement everyone.

I had my appointment at 8am yesterday and by 11am today had his new passport in my hand. Fantastic service from Peterborough passport office.

MoreCashThanDash

Peterborough are pretty good. MrsSteve has to go there sometimes to get passports for kids in fostercare, who often don’t have full documentation.

I’ve worked in that building for a couple of the previous occupiers as well. Happy days.

SaxonRider

I am really happy and relieved for you, @mildred. I read your OP to Mrs SR, and we sat there feeling sorry for you together.

Glad it had a happy ending!

cchris2lou

All good but is it blue?

mildred

Thanks 👍🏻 😁

The Mrs has genuinely not eaten since Saturday & seems to be surviving on stress and tea.

Nope, not blue – must admit I’m confused about the whole colour thing. That it’s a “thing” just baffles me. Wouldn’t have even thought twice about until it came up in the whole Brexit bollox.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Enjoy your holiday 👍🏼

jamj1974

Nice one!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Good news! enjoy!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Urgent child passport woes’ is closed to new replies.