Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Upton (Dicotish) Pump Track Festive Kids Meetup?
  • Markie
    Free Member

Hey!

Inspired by the clement weather at present (cue 4 feet of snow), Ms Markie and I are heading to the Upton pump track today.

Inspired by the holiday spirit, is there anyone around who would like to join on another day (or today, obvs!) this holiday period?

Its ace fun and there’s a nice pub just nearby for post ride refuelling!

Fingers crossed!

Summer pics…

Markie
    Free Member

Had a great day – 3 and a half hours, photos to follow! – still keen for others to join us for future holiday action!

mtbfix

Happy days! Not been up there for longer than I care to think. Micromtbfixlette didn’t quite get it last time. maybe we should try again.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Markie
    Free Member

You totally should! And let us know where you’re going to! We interspersed our track time with sweet playground action and snackage. Ace.

Markie
    Free Member

Right, this is a ‘flogging a dead horse’ bump to try to get something going – I can’t believe it’s not butter folk don’t want an Upton with kids riding day!

Markie
    Free Member

Markie
    Free Member

Okay, so the kids are in bed, fingers crossed for some South Oxfordshire parents to be browsing and keen to meet up at Upton for teh pump track… anyone?

weeksy

Yeah. Me. Where in upton mate?

My lad is away now till 28th but free after then.

Markie
    Free Member

Great!

So, you park at Upton Village Hall – the below google link should be putting a little flag on their car park.

google map link

The pump track is just there, pretty much where the sad face green bumps are on the satellite view – old photo is old!

There’s a playground right next to the track, and a zipwire, all nicely done (IMO).

My email’s in my profile, FWIW, but really all there is to do is wait until we’re a bit closer and can see what the weather is doing, I guess?

I’ll do some more thread bumping to see if we can round up some more, but whatever, looking forward to it!

weeksy

Oh man, I was at the zipwire a few months back !

mikemorini
    Free Member

I sometimes throw in a quick spin round on my way in to work.
    Sets the day up a treat. 😀

Markie
    Free Member

Right. Looking at the weather, I think Monday or Tuesday might be the best days – any preferences?

That said, we’re gonna pop down today if the rain continues to hold off after we’ve moved the wendy house!

http://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/didcot/ox11-7/daily-weather-forecast/325346

weeksy

Tues best for us. But Monday as long as either before 11 or after 2 we could make it.

Markie
    Free Member

Hey! Tomorrow still working for you, weeksy? For anyone?

Cold but dry seems the order of the day, so we’re good there…

Say 10:00 for an hour or two before lunch?

Markie
    Free Member

Tis a cold and frosty morning, but we’ll be there! Heading over for about 10:30 or so…

weeksy

Only just opened this mate, been out all morning just over the other side of the hill by East Ilsley/Stanmore way. I’m afraid I’m banned from getting kitted up again as we’re moving house on Friday and the wife has just put the last load of washing on before our move. I’d completely forgotten what day it was.

Insanely cold out there today ! Did a decent ride, was lovely in some ways, but also just far too cold, I thought I was going to die !

Thought I’d do a few pics, especially as a small bunch of 6 deer went galloping over a hedge in front of me, then ran off into the distance.

Markie
    Free Member

Stunning – Ms Makrie love the deer!

Sorry we won’t see you there – perhaps we can try again as things warm?

Good luck with he house move!

weeksy

Sure mate, of course. We’re not moving far, only to Goring and then in a few months back over to where we are now.

Markie
    Free Member

Cool. Some great riding (for kids only, as on footpaths!) at Goring too!

Ms Makrie has asked me to print the deer photo for bedroom wall and says that we need to go on an early outing so she can see them for real!

Cheers!

weeksy

Email me and i’ll send you a higher res pic mate, email in profile.

Just heading out now, but will send later if I’ve left by the time I get it.

Edit : Got your email from profile and sent over 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Upton (Dicotish) Pump Track Festive Kids Meetup?’ is closed to new replies.