Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • UPS – liars or thieves or??
  • Kahurangi

Parcel was “delivered” (left outside front door) at 12:59, wife home at 13:35 and nothing there.

Was the parcel…

a) not delivered yet, but will be soon
    b) stolen by the driver, or
    C) stolen by a passer-by?

If anyone has any experience with this, how long do I leave it before I make a complaint?

I’m aware that drivers will often mark stuff as “delivered” well before making the delivery for whatever reason (make sure they get paid, combine deliveries, whatever)… I’m just paranoid because I pre-signed the delivery so that they could deliver in case we were out (I suppose this leaves me with no recourse).

I guess I could email the CEO directly 😉

matt_outandabout

I guess I could email the CEO directly

That was a fun thread.

Cougar

Was the parcel…

All irrelevant.

It’s the sender’s responsibility to ensure delivery. If you haven’t received it, that’s their problem to sort out. Get on to them (not UPS).

ElVino

UPS employ some of the better drivers in this industry. I wouldn’t wait to get in touch. Customer Services at UPS will be able to confirm if the driver was at your address via their van tracking. Some even take a photo of it if they leave safe. If you haven’t given leave safe instructions / authorisation most likely you are entitled to compensation or a replacement.

I’m not a fan of people who start with a complaint to the CEO rather than at least giving the people employed to sort out issues one shot at fixing the problem

brant
    Free Member

I would trust my children with our UPS guy. Any UPS guy I’ve ever dealt with. Rock solid. The best.
    Nicked off your doorstep or hidden by your wife for the lols would be my bet.

bearnecessities

I would trust my children with our UPS guy.

Bad parenting right there: they’ll fall out the open door.

riklegge

How about d) delivered to a neighbour and they forgot to put a note through the door?

kcal

Our UPS was always a cheery soul; good lad. See also ParcelForce man (and Hermes for that matter, when it was my old (retired) bank manager earling a few extra pennies!)

Kahurangi

I’ve never had issues with UPS before, which is why I hesitate. I have authorisation to leave on the front door (small porch) and it was marked as such on the delivery note.

We live kn a cul de sac and you wouldn’t be able to see our door unless you’ve walked up our drive, past the parked car.

So if UPS do have tracking info on their vans, I’ll get in touch sooner rather than later.

The CEO comment was reference to a hilarious thread from a couple of months ago, glad most commenter got it.

Thanks for the anecdotes.

peteimpreza

I would trust my children with our UPS guy. Any UPS guy I’ve ever dealt with. Rock solid. The best

This

You have failed rule one.

Have a polite chat with UPS customer service and see how you get on before your next rant.

RDL-82
    Free Member

Had a few UPS deliveries. One went ‘wrong’. Customer service were great.
    Tracking updated to delivered. Definitely wasn’t as I was in. Turned out driver had took it to a local shop/click and collect place. Off his own back mind as wasn’t requested. Was near the end of his shift apparently and probably couldn’t be bothered.
    Wasn’t the end of the world and was dealt with quickly.

Kahurangi

Apologies for the click-baitey title. The package was delivered to a neighbour but no note was left through the letterbox and the online system said “doorstep”, hence the alarm.

Please remove those pitchforks from my bum, thanks.

scaredypants

Please remove those pitchforks from my bum, thanks.

delivery was from wish.com then ?

jjprestidge
    Free Member

Was the parcel…

All irrelevant.

It’s the sender’s responsibility to ensure delivery. If you haven’t received it, that’s their problem to sort out. Get on to them (not UPS).

You sound like the sort of customer we love in e-commerce.

JP

tjagain

Jp
    He is correct tho

jjprestidge
    Free Member

tjagain

Jp
    He is correct tho

99% of the time in these situations the item has been delivered and it’s the customer who hasn’t realised someone else in their household has received it or that it’s been delivered next door, etc.

It’s much, much easier just to contact the courier in question yourself first rather than bothering the company, who will just do the same thing except that it will take longer because they’re dealing with a hundred other things.

JP

tjagain

Apart from the fact the recipient has no contract with the courier and they often will not deal with customers – I have been in exactly that situation.

sorry – its for the retailer to sort out

100% of the times I have had something not delivered its been the couriers fault

boomerlives
    Free Member

It’s much, much easier just to contact the courier in question yourself first

It would, but as tj states, most won’t deal with anyone but the retailer.

You clearly have been in this situation from a sender point of view. Customers can be such a bother when they don’t get the stuff they’ve paid for. Very unreasonable.

Can you tell us which seller so we know for the future?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘UPS – liars or thieves or??’ is closed to new replies.