Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • UPS drop off question
  • kelron
    Free Member

I have a return with pre-paid shipping via UPS. The UPS page gives me a label to print (I have no printer) and a barcode for the store to scan from my phone, but it doesn’t say if these are 2 options or if they want both.

So, save me a wasted trip to the drop-off point, can I just show up with the barcode on my phone and a hand-written label?

Jamze

If it’s the same as our Hermes/UPS place, you just need the barcode. They can print the label there (or you can do it yourself on the label printing machine).

Is there a ‘I don’t have a printer’ option on the return?

Cougar

Yeah, I did one similar the other day.

There was a little machine in a corner of the shop. You scan the barcode with it (I had to turn up the brightness and zoom in, the scanner was pretty poor) and it pukes out a sticky label. You stick it on the parcel and take it to the counter. It’s all pretty painless.

Cougar

… there was also comprehensive instructions with the return label’s email. Have you overlooked a page somewhere?

kelron
    Free Member

Thanks. There were no instructions, just a link to download the label.

CountZero

Similar to Amazon returns – I had one a while ago, I couldn’t be arsed to use my own paper and ink, so I took a screen-shot of the barcode zoomed in and cropped to make it easier for the counter staff to scan it, the one that you’re given is a bit titchy and can be difficult to scan.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘UPS drop off question’ is closed to new replies.