• This topic has 15 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by ffati.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Uplift vs ebike bpw
  • ffati
    Free Member

As per title really im heading down to Cardiff to meet up with some family i have a free day and was thinking about going to bpw what is more effective ebike or uplift? Or should i explore barry sidings?

alan1977
    Free Member

well.. uplift will get you more runs in

weeksy

Ebike will get you 5 if using middle-ish mode… You’ll get 8-10 if uplifting.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

depends on fitness, ebattery and time
    uplift is now upto £54 depending on date, £46 cheapest 930-330 winter or 10-4 summer
    i can usually manage 8-12 descents , bus is circa 15 mins to load and to the top.

can your ebike handle multiple 370m ascents, each time, if so then its alot cheaper, but you’ll unlikely have the time to get as many runs in, Standard pedal pass= £18 // E-bike pedal pass = £22

ribena
    Free Member

irrc it took me about 15 minutes to get up on the ebike in “Trail” mode on an E8000 bike, which is similar to the uplift *if* theres no queue.
    Edit -> here’s the strava segment if you are interested in times… https://www.strava.com/segments/31390752

I had two batteries so got as many runs in as my body could handle.

v7fmp

Go to Barry’s.

bear-uk
    Free Member

I took my ebike on the uplift 😱
    After previous visits I was too goosed to enjoy the descends later on in the day as it’s a fair climb to the top.

nickfrog
    Free Member

I recharged at lunch time which have me 2 extra runs from memory, or 3 can’t remember.

I found the technical climbs to be fun too and not as smelly as the bus

ayjaydoubleyou

weeksyFull Member
    Ebike will get you 5 if using middle-ish mode… You’ll get 8-10 if uplifting.

Is that your orbea or a full power thing?

mjsmke

I rode to the top (non e bike) and got 6 runs in. Only stopped due to the rain. Would have done another 2 if it was dry.

DrP

Meh….I did 12 climbs on a non e bike.. Man up and get the carbs in… You can do this 😅😅

DrP

joefm

stick it in eco and you should be able to get 6-7 runs. I prefer the top half and the ebike gives flexibility.

weeksy

“Is that your orbea or a full power thing?”

It was on a Liv Embolden

I’d probably get 1 more run on the Orbea as despite it being 60Nm and a smaller battery (i think) it’s actually more economical than the FF eeb. I get more miles than my mate on his Rail for my smaller less powerful bike.

joefm

actually if you can get on the uplift the analog/obsolete bike is probably better. I found the ebike ruined a lot of the flow trails as I was over the motor assist and noticed the weight. The steeper stuff was fine as usual.

nwgiles

Definitely uplift, but wait for me , so I feel smug lifting a DH bike on to the trailer whilst you lift an ebike on.

ffati
    Free Member

I might just do the uplift but take my normal bike, just feel bpw uplifts are never as efficient as dyfi or stiniog( did 12ish runs in a afternoon at stiniog)

Though might go to barry sidings if my pals don’t turn up with a ebike

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.