Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Uplift assisted riding in Europe for a mincer and a decent rider?
  • geoffj

I suspect we’d be riding in different groups, so probably need one of the bigger outfits. Experiences would be good. Ta

chakaping
    Free Member

How mincey exactly?

enfht
    Free Member

What has sexual orientation got to do with planning a bike holiday, is “uplift” a euphemism?

geoffj

How mincey exactly?

Comfortable on Laggan Reds, but not the Black

chakaping
    Free Member

Oh I haven’t ridden there.

Southern Spain has great mildly technical, flowing singletrack which isn’t too steep and is great fun for everyone.

Dunno if there are any big operators out there though which would do two groups.

Les Arcs is the obvious choice in the Alps, due to the huge range of trails. The White Room started us in a bigger group with two guides and later split us by ability with one each.

Was much more uplift assisted than Spain also.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

White room from personal experience we had a big range across 3 groups

geoffj

Cheers guys
    Any more for any more?

flowerpower
    Free Member

Trailaddiction are also in Les Arc – we had a great week with them a couple of years ago. The group was made up of both ‘Laggan black and red’ standards – but we were on a backcountry week (van and pedal power assisted before the lifts opened) and more xc oriented trails.

You would both enjoy that I’m sure, but you will have missed it for this year.

They also do uplift guiding, and I believe run different ability groups, but I have no experience of this. You would need to speak to them.

torihada
    Free Member

Trail Addiction, Les Arcs. We had 90% occupancy on the Chalet. We divided our group into 2; A & B. Trail Addiction put other unknown riders in our groups. They (the strangers) then moved between the two groups depending on whether they found the riding too leery or not leery enough.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Uplift assisted riding in Europe for a mincer and a decent rider?’ is closed to new replies.