• This topic has 5 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by cnud.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • upgrading damper in 35mm revelation to charger
  • ianpv
    Free Member

Just having a ponder about upgrading my suspension bike which has a 140mm pike on it.

One potential new bike has a 35mm revelation with boost spacing. Is it possible to swap the motion control damper in the rev into the pike, and the charger into the rev? Would I need to/could I change the rebound assembly too, and would there be any benefit to that?

Poopscoop

Just bumping for you mate, sorry I can’t help I’m afraid.

teethgrinder

Possibly, depending on the age of the pike. It’ll all be down to the pitch of the threads.

Same with Yari and pike.

P-Jay
    Free Member

As I understand it yes. The new Revs are to the Pike what the Yari is to Lyriks.

The ‘shame’ of it was that for a long time you could get the early (and supposedly problematic) Pike Charger damper on Amazon for about £80, but they don’t fit the Yari/Lyrik chassis.

The cost ‘parts only’ to upgrade a Yari to Lyrik RC3 spec is £230 from TFT, but after riding my Yaris for probably 18 months / 2 years now, I haven’t bothered, they’re great and the MoCo damper is piss easy to set-up and service.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

If you really fancy tinkering with your forks then i’d Suggest/recommend leaving your damper alone and  installing a coil spring conversion. Done this on my Pike and it’s brill. I’m a convert. Adds a bit of weight but the benefits easily outweigh the weight gain.

cnud
    Free Member

You can pick up the charger 2 for a Yari for about £150 from some French sites I saw the other day. Pike must be similar

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘upgrading damper in 35mm revelation to charger’ is closed to new replies.