Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Upgrading cx wheels – yes or no?
  • kilo

I know on base – mid level road bikes wheel upgrades to ones costing a few hunderd quid with decent tyres can be noticable but is it the same with cx wheels. Talking going from un-named OE rims and hubs with decent tyres to decent hubs and probably archetype rims. Doing first race this weekend but realisticaly likely to be doing more longish ride(40-50 milers) than racing The cost isn’t a major block it’s more is it worth doing, will I notice? Any thoughts

brassneck

I’ve been looking at wheels for a tripster build, and roughly speaking it seems you can drop nearly 800g depending on where you start and where you go in the best place you could lose it. For an hour of racing it’ll only matter if you’re competing I guess, but big rides with a bit of road I reckon it’s worthwhile.

I’m probably going to go for custom builds keeping the hubs the ame (so I can swap wheel sets easily), one spindly road set and one tougher offroad set.

Spud

Same quandry here, I have my eye on the Kinesis wheelset. Save me 800g+ on the stock wheels. Changed tyres recently from OE Conti wire bead to Clement Folders and they feel a lot better.

kiwijohn

I just got some Stans Alpha 400’s on DT hubs. Worth it for the tubelessness alone.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Upgrading cx wheels – yes or no?’ is closed to new replies.