Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Upgrading Code R brake levers to Code RSCs
  • niceandy
    Free Member

I’ve been running SRAM Code R brakes for 18 months and although I like the feel, the power is maybe a little lacking compared to Shimano 4 pots. The Code R levers don’t have the fancy SwingLink like the RSCs so I’m wondering if upgrading the levers will make a big enough difference to make it worthwhile.

Any experience upgrading or with RSCs in general?

big_scot_nanny

Hiya,

Not exactly comparable, but I recently fitted old Guide RS levers to newer G2 callipers. boggo G2r that came with the bike were horrifically bad, but with RS levers became hugely better.

So, I would say yes, the S makes a massive difference.

(edited for clarity)

campfreddie
    Free Member

Just fitted Code RSC’s to my Canyon Strive. They replaced boggo Guide R’s.

Much much better modulation and ppwer. Still playing around with them to get them exactly as I like, and also upgrading to the HS2 rotors which are a little thicker (220mm front and 200mm rear). Out here (Madeira) it is almost impossible to have ‘too much’ brakes.

The only other brake that was on the radar screen was the Magura MT7.

niceandy
    Free Member

Thanks, I think that is comparable as the difference is in the S, which I guess stands for SwingLink.

big_scot_nanny

Thanks, I think that is comparable as the difference is in the S, which I guess stands for SwingLink.

👍

hot_fiat

RSCs on my whyte e180. They’re ok but run out of ability on very long descents (say in the alps: proper oh my god I’m gong to die, 2002-esque fade) in a way that my hope V4s never do. I’m using the uberbike finned pads now which might help, but really I shouldn’t have to resort to third party bodges on £250 an end brakes. If I’m ever flush again I’m binning them for another set of v4s.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Upgrading Code R brake levers to Code RSCs’ is closed to new replies.