Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Upgrade to Boardman team FS
  • Stainypants

I’m getting a Boardman Team FS this summer here a link to the spec. I’m going to put a set of Hope Hoops on it. But I will have £300 to spend on accessories or upgrades at RRP. What upgrade above the wheels do the singletrack collective think I should go for. I was thing a Reverb post, as I was going to wait till the drive train wears out and upgrade to 1 x 11 when it gets to sensible price.

Alternatively I’m also getting a Boardman team road bike but I can’t really see anything to upgrade on it, it will be used for 30-40 mile rides around the peaks and Cheshire plains but am i missing something

Nick

bearnecessities

I am by no means an expert on current tech, so won’t be offering my worthless suggestions…

…but, if you are buying a new boardman, fitting it with Hope wheels and then have £300 to spend, should you not be reconsidering investing this and cost of wheels into a much better specified whole bike?

No disrespect, and the bike may have qualities I’m not aware of 😀

johnnystorm

Wear the original bits out first. You’ll then enjoy the bike anew with fresh upgrades.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Stainypants

No, i already have the wheels and I get the money free because I’m buying the boardmans as part of my bike to work scheme. So effectively I can have one of the best specc’d bikes you can get for a grand (before tax) and £300 to spend on extras, with the wheels its already better specc’d than bikes costing significantly more. I don’t want to waste the £300 on rubbish. I agree about wearing out the drive train and the brakes and hence why I thought the dropper post would add to the bike rather than getting a small improvement by replacing perfectly serviceable components.

Read the singletrack review of the bike, its all the bike I’m ever going to need and I’m as excited about it as my mate who’s just spent £5500 on an intense carbon 27.5 with an xx1 group set.

mickolas
    Free Member

two words: voodoo wanga

bspoked
    Free Member

I did exactly the same in 2010, albeit when the tax benefits were a bit more weighted in your favour. With some of the added incentives my work threw in, plus some abuse of the reserve-in-store/online sale, I ended up with £1500 RRP worth of bike and components for about £600 in 12 interest free payments. Spent another few hundred on it myself over the next year (dropper, tyres etc…). 2010 was just before the explosion in prices and boardmans were aggressively priced for the component spec. Quite happy really.

Snapped both the chainstays the other day, though. Managed to persuade Halfords to sell me some more this week for £100. Fitted them today, quite straightforward once I got the big hammer out. Keeps me on the dirt whilst the Nicolai fund grows…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Upgrade to Boardman team FS’ is closed to new replies.